A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

UK: My car is damaged. What are my options?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Just make sure you approach them kindly and without blame, but reason. The situation is as is and you need to find a solution.
While they may not like it... they should be covering you for everything IMO. The fact that you were able to get this proof (make sure you find concrete evidence that it was in fact from their website - screenshots, recording video so it shows pictures weren't altered, etc. in case they make a change to the site and take it down) should suffice.
IMO, I don't think this is something a buyer is supposed to figure... ducking down underneath the car to see the damage - then you could easily request they hoist it up and guarantee they wouldn't have done this upon request. Especially when you mention the contract has a 200+ point inspection... no reason someone with any reason won't work with you on this.
If I was in this situation and they would refuse to do anything, I would reach out a lawyer and maybe even find some kind of malpractice which would cost them a lot more than settling with the customer.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the picture from their website, when they send me pictures through email, only one of them was big enough and the video, I kinda started guessing the pictures URLs and was able to get this one out, got lucky they still had them there ... screen shot shows that this was their website, plus pictures in email point to that website ...
I got in touch with the same agent and tries to be kind and gentle, although he said not to show up their this weekend, as their body-shop manager is not there. When asked availability got no response, I hope he is not trying to avoid me. The fact he did not say it was not damaged already could mean that even he was unaware .. ?

I did not sent the picture that I took from their website, just sent picture that I took now.
I ll keep this with me until they deny!

Last edited by Danyal Ahmed Chaudhry; 05-21-2019 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

If the dealer is close by, I would go there and explain the situation with the dealer manager first. You might have to go back when the body shop guy is there, but you might want to start there. Going in with a reasonable attitude should definitely help your cause. I hope they take care of this for you.
Old 05-21-2019, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks, It's pretty far from me, I have moved almost to another side of the country for work purposes. I am going back this weekend anyway, will see if I can pay a visit.
As many of you suggested I won't be blaming them, but more like requesting them to help me fix this.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

After a few emails and the picture that I got from their website, they agreed to fix it for me. Thanks everyone.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

That's great customer services..congrats.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Danyal Ahmed Chaudhry
After a few emails and the picture that I got from their website, they agreed to fix it for me. Thanks everyone.
Excellent! Glad everything worked out without hiccups
Old 05-23-2019, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 124 Likes on 98 Posts

congrats!
Old 05-23-2019, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 120 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Danyal Ahmed Chaudhry
Congratulations!

Years ago I had my Audi A4 (B5) serviced at a dealership in Massachusetts, and told them I was hearing a strange noise from the driver's side front wheel. They said they would check it out. Later, when I went to pick the car up, they said they couldn't find anything wrong. I don't remember if I ever heard the noise again.

About two days later, I happened to kneel down and take a look at the wheel, and I spotted a large hole in my fender liner. It was about 8 inches in diameter. I suspect that the mechanic put a crow bar in the wheel well and up against the tire, and put pressure on it trying to find the source of the noise. In the process, he punctured the fender liner.

Well, I brought the car back to the dealership to complain, and the service manager came out to inspect the car. He then went and got the owner of the dealership, who also came out and inspected the car. He then proceeded to scream at me, saying that they didn't cause the damage, and that I must've driven over a rock to make the hole.

First of all, if I had driven over a rock to make a hole that big, I most certainly would have felt it. But I didn't. Also, anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of physics would know that it would be pretty difficult for a tire to propel a rock as big as my fist upwards with such a velocity as to send it through the thick, curved plastic fender well. The rock most certainly would have eventually collided with some suspension components, making quite a racket.

To make a long story short, I traded my car in for a new one shortly after ... at a dealership in Connecticut.