A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Upgraded B&O sub and added an amp

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2021, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Upgraded B&O sub and added an amp

Originally posted this in the S4 forum and wanted to be sure my fellow A4 owners saw it as well.

I just wanted to give a huge shout out to Bobby Kinstle and bruce_miranda for sharing so much knowledge with this community. Because of the information you've shared across multiple posts, I was able to successfully get my sub and amp installed with 0 issues and now it sounds great! I went with the same setup as CA_Dan and I couldn't be happier and I am blown away that it cost ~$300.
My setup:
10" Kicker Comp C DVC
Planet Audio MB600.2D
Belva BPK4 4 Gauge wiring (may be overkill, but it is plenty pliable and not difficult to work with at all)
3/4" MDF spacer
Tools I needed to purchase:
Right angle drill adapter Right angle drill adapter
Trim removal set Trim removal set
Thanks again!

Kicker Comp C DVC sub and Dynamat Xtreme in rear deck

Inside the trunk with Planet Audio MB600.2D amp installed.
The following 6 users liked this post by A4TUNAT1:
bniner (01-02-2021), bruce_miranda (01-03-2021), CA_Dan (01-07-2021), Coal (01-05-2021), livefour2day (01-08-2021), Steffner (01-04-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-07-2021, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Doing this to my A4 Non-B&O system, replacing the rear deck sub @ applying dynamat to the whole rear deck.

Got the CompVT instead of the CompC kicker because apparently the VT is thinner, so it shouldn't hang into the trunk as much. Apparently it's better quality too (and cost 2x as much).

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how it goes! I'm going to hide my amp in the side panels, it's easy to access and hides it away, so hopefully I don't knock it when loading / unloading the trunk.
Old 01-07-2021, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SpeedyTheSnail
Doing this to my A4 Non-B&O system, replacing the rear deck sub @ applying dynamat to the whole rear deck.

Got the CompVT instead of the CompC kicker because apparently the VT is thinner, so it shouldn't hang into the trunk as much. Apparently it's better quality too (and cost 2x as much).

Thanks for the info, I'll let you know how it goes! I'm going to hide my amp in the side panels, it's easy to access and hides it away, so hopefully I don't knock it when loading / unloading the trunk.
Good luck. I wish I would have opted for a more powerful sub, but I guess you can only get so much out of a free air configuration. I'm curious to see how it goes for you.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A4TUNAT1
Good luck. I wish I would have opted for a more powerful sub, but I guess you can only get so much out of a free air configuration. I'm curious to see how it goes for you.
Yep I'm no expert at subs since I usually never replace OEM audio systems (ever since 2008, not for any reason other than only listening to talk radio), I'm no expert.

I'll let you know how this goes, I didn't get the 1200 amp that was a mono amp, so hopefully there are no issues running in bridged mode with only one input source (non b&o audio sub only has a + and -, not two inputs).

It was recommended to get the Comp C10 by other people and they said it would be fine with no amp, but since I'm already doing the work I mind as well try to make it better!
Old 01-07-2021, 11:02 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 279 Likes on 213 Posts

The CompVT10 isn't rated for Free air and probably won't play much below 40hz when used free air. If you want a more powerful free air sub then use the CompR 10