A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Useless ledge and other interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2021, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Useless ledge and other interior questions

what do you guys use this little ledge for just below the 12V plug? My iPhone 11 is too wide to fit there because I always have a water bottle in the cup holder. Are there any cubby options that turn the empty space into a compartment that opens out?

I just noticed my glove box has a CD slot and SD card slot. What are these for - audio media only or can I use it for video/pictures? I have a 2018 Premium with no multimedia options so my equipment as is basic as they come.

how do I get these scuffs out of the wood inlay without wet sanding? Any favorite products for detailing the interior? I’ve always used Lysol wipes on my other cars, but it might be too harsh for these interiors since they are a step up from what I’m used to.

and lastly, what are your favorite interior mods for convenience? I find there’s a lack of storage in the cabin. In the past I’ve installed drawers under the seats - are there any products available for our cars that make use of hidden/wasted cabin space?
Old 05-05-2021, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I just came across this storage pocket / cupholder on amazon. Does anyone have this and confirm fitment on our cars? My teenage daughter sits in the front and I'm pretty sure she is going to eventually break a button if she uses the stock cupholder because she's so rough with everything.

Amazon Amazon
Old 05-05-2021, 10:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

The ledge is a good place for sunglasses.
The following 3 users liked this post by rawrmcrawrrawr:
dseag2 (05-06-2021), miketx1 (05-07-2021), sandune (05-06-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rawrmcrawrrawr
The ledge is a good place for sunglasses.
This is what I use it for. Perfect place. They're out of the sun so they don't get hot.
Old 05-05-2021, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Get o finish polish and apply with microfiber towel. Do a test spot. Don’t rub dirt and dust into a glossy surface.
Old 05-06-2021, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I keep my reading glasses on the spot in front of the cupholders. For sunglasses I use this which someone here posted previously. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T1ZTCMR
Old 05-06-2021, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by bniner
I keep my reading glasses on the spot in front of the cupholders. For sunglasses I use this which someone here posted previously. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T1ZTCMR
In terms of increasing interior storage, options include (and I have all of these):
1) Sunglasses holder (x2) over front seat grab handles
2) Center console tray (just makes it a 'bunkbed' - two levels
3) Thinking through the organization of the storage bin to the left of the steering wheel - I have some loose things there, as well as a couple zipper pouches. This is effectively my glove compartment (which is hard to reach anyway)

As for the storage cubby - there is a pretty cool wireless charger that plugs into that tray and would give a wider shelf for a larger phone - but it wouldn't really help make the storage more vertical - i.e, phone would still probably bump cups in cup holders.

Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
bniner (05-06-2021)
Old 05-11-2021, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My MMI can play DVD (videos).
Old 04-26-2023, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Parsec
what do you guys use this little ledge for just below the 12V plug? My iPhone 11 is too wide to fit there because I always have a water bottle in the cup holder. Are there any cubby options that turn the empty space into a compartment that opens out?

I just noticed my glove box has a CD slot and SD card slot. What are these for - audio media only or can I use it for video/pictures? I have a 2018 Premium with no multimedia options so my equipment as is basic as they come.

how do I get these scuffs out of the wood inlay without wet sanding? Any favorite products for detailing the interior? I’ve always used Lysol wipes on my other cars, but it might be too harsh for these interiors since they are a step up from what I’m used to.

and lastly, what are your favorite interior mods for convenience? I find there’s a lack of storage in the cabin. In the past I’ve installed drawers under the seats - are there any products available for our cars that make use of hidden/wasted cabin space?
Hi, the place below the front 12v socket might be a coin holder.
Old 04-26-2023, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I put a Zchan or Q1 type wireless charge in there for my phone, it fits nice, looks like part of the car, Ive had no trouble with it. I dont recall which commercial make I have

Quick Reply: Useless ledge and other interior questions