A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What is the current MMI software version?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the current MMI software version?

I am taking the care in for service in a few weeks and will be asking them if the MMI software can be updated. I now have the 0692 version.... I think the current one is either 0918 or 0976? Also, other than adding the subwoofer bass control, does anyone know what changes there are? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2017, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jpieri4
I am taking the care in for service in a few weeks and will be asking them if the MMI software can be updated. I now have the 0692 version.... I think the current one is either 0918 or 0976? Also, other than adding the subwoofer bass control, does anyone know what changes there are? Thanks!
Good luck. As a general rule, unless you can demonstrate a specific malfunction that can be solved by a full update, Audi won't authorize dealers to just arbitrarily do it. YMMV.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Good luck. As a general rule, unless you can demonstrate a specific malfunction that can be solved by a full update, Audi won't authorize dealers to just arbitrarily do it. YMMV.
I agree. I tried to get Audi Orland Park to do it for me but they wouldn't.
Old 08-08-2017, 04:15 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
I agree. I tried to get Audi Orland Park to do it for me but they wouldn't.
One thing that's never been clear to me is whether they would do it if paid their regular shop rate. (I agree that Audi wouldn't pay for it under warranty)

The other question is whether it's even possible. These cars, as one person pointed out here, are crazily networked back to the mothership when it comes to software. It may be that if you plug a car with version 123 of something into the fancy VAG tool, if the servers in Germany think that car should have version 123, then it won't allow the download of version 126 unless there's an applicable TSB or similar that recommends installing 126 instead of 123.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im on 1118. Car manufacture date 6/17

Old 08-09-2017, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the version number....never knew that one existed! My nav system has been resetting lately....had to pull over the side of the road while on a trip to restart the car. Also, the newest versions add bass support for the subwoofer. I am friends with the sale manager, so that may also help in getting it updated. Guess we will see in a few weeks!
Old 08-09-2017, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

1118 is the current retail branch. 1218 should appear on August production vehicles.
Old 08-11-2017, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Cadx6
Any thoughts what would qualify (or has qualified) as a valid "specific malfunction"?
Old 08-11-2017, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by miketx1
Any thoughts what would qualify (or has qualified) as a valid "specific malfunction"?
Unfortunately I don't really have a clue. As I recall, a couple of guys in other forums had some sort of problem that the dealer cured by installing the latest version but I don't remember what their issue was.
I tried to get my dealer to upgrade the software in my early build Q7 & A4 to to automatically enable the front parking distance sensors but they weren't going for it . I ended up doing it myself with OBDEleven .
Old 08-11-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by miketx1
There isn't. No TSB exists for the A4 B9 currently that allows for flashing to a newer version. SD cards with firmware aren't available through ETKA or the SD Card Creation Tool (dealer tool). No SVM code exists, either.

A specific malfunction would need to occur at scale for a code fix release to be made available via those mechanisms. For example, one was issued for the volume control on early Q7 4M cars.

A friend had their 5F replaced recently for a malfunction and was hoping for the updated version. Despite his replacement being manufactured after the CW where 0918 (discrete subwoofer control) was released, he still ended up with the same version (0692).

Quick Reply: What is the current MMI software version?