A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

What is the current MMI software version?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wdimagineer
There isn't. No TSB exists for the A4 B9 currently that allows for flashing to a newer version. SD cards with firmware aren't available through ETKA or the SD Card Creation Tool (dealer tool). No SVM code exists, either.

A specific malfunction would need to occur at scale for a code fix release to be made available via those mechanisms. For example, one was issued for the volume control on early Q7 4M cars.

A friend had their 5F replaced recently for a malfunction and was hoping for the updated version. Despite his replacement being manufactured after the CW where 0918 (discrete subwoofer control) was released, he still ended up with the same version (0692).
Would "My car is missing the subwoofer control" not be sufficient justification to have the MMI updated to at least 0918, if not the latest retail branch?

Or does the earlier part of your post mean that Audi (USA) currently sees no valid reason to upgrade a B9 A4's MMI software, regardless of which version it is running?
Old 08-11-2017, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Obsidian3K
Would "My car is missing the subwoofer control" not be sufficient justification to have the MMI updated to at least 0918, if not the latest retail branch?

Or does the earlier part of your post mean that Audi (USA) currently sees no valid reason to upgrade a B9 A4's MMI software, regardless of which version it is running?
Nope. They'll tell you to go pound sand. Audi Aftersales is pretty terrible when it comes to this.

There simply is no update, at least not right now. Below is the terribly worded, kind of deceptive/deceitful, and pretty pointless TSB. Instead of appeasing customers, this kind of thing just pisses us off. I've sent this to friends in Germany as an example of how not to make a situation better, and separately still trying to get our local TFM canned.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 162 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by anfnj22
Im on 1118. Car manufacture date 6/17

My 2 week old 2018 A4 is also running version 1118. I think this is the latest.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My A4 has 0337, and I fought like crazy with my dealer to update the MMI to at least 918. I brought the vehicle in twice for this, and the dealer even went as far as basically letting Audi know that they are going to update it, only to have Audi firmly instruct them not to. My 0337 is so full of bugs that I could barely dream os independent Sub control. I don't have a "You cell phone is still in the vehicle" reminder. The parking sensors won't display over android auto, but rather they kick me out of AA. If I change drive modes, any paused music resumes. The list goes on. I drove a loaner with 0692 while my car was is service, and it was so nice not having these issues.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:25 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by B9A4
I don't have a "You cell phone is still in the vehicle" reminder.
What's the "your cell phone is still in the vehicle" reminder?
Old 08-13-2017, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It's a setting that notifies you if your phone is still connected via USB and you shut off the vehicle and open the door to exit. It was added somewhere after my MMI version. It's extremely useful for Android Auto users.
Old 08-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

No one has had any luck offering to pay for the update?
Old 08-14-2017, 02:55 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawson Cherpako
No one has had any luck offering to pay for the update?
Paying a dealer for the update won't do you much good if the Audi system won't LET them update it.

It sounds like the Audi head office systems keep track of what versions of everything a particular car should have... and unless a TSB/recall/etc explicitly designates a car as being eligible for an update of something, you're stuck with the version that the system designates for a particular car. (I also wonder if that means that if you took a module with a newer version of the software and put it in a car with the older version, the system would automagically downgrade that module to the older software.)
Old 02-20-2018, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

The dealership and Audi Assistance confirmed my Carplay and media playback issues with my version of software (0918). They said there wasn't a software update available that would work in my car, however (even though 1118 is available).

I find this strange, since 1118 is available for multiple models, including the loaner A5 they gave me. I was not experiencing my Carplay issues in the loaner. If they are to be believed, my understanding is that each version of MMI software has model/trim specific builds so in theory 1118 in an Q5 or A5 SB isn't compatible with my S5 coupe.

Anyone have confirmation on this? I've noticed multiple models with the 1118 software (A4, A5, and Q5, at least)...
Old 02-20-2018, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default MMI ver 0061 here

Yes, you are reading it right, version 0061
A4 B9 built Jan. 2016
All works fine, not bigger issues only at some BS android updates...not all aps are built with most attention and attitude....and this is not regulated neither with android or OS...any issues we face with MMI is not in MMI but comes from the phones!!!
I asked the dealer for update several times no luck, I realized this is out of their hand anyway. Really not sure what may be a major difference in functionality in contrast to any latest versions.
I am leasing that car 2.5 more years, I will bet you - that they will do some "smart" update when I return a car (to bump up the resale value to current timestamp)....but honestly I like this B9 and I would like to keep it anyway for my son's for a price of the buyout at the end of the lease.

Last edited by bigHUN; 02-20-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Quick Reply: What is the current MMI software version?