A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Who has the most miles on their B9?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Who has the most miles on their B9?

I'm looking at my options as I enter year 3 of ownership of 2017 B9 P+ w/Sport (purchased cash in mid 2016). I have only 15,000 miles on mine, and am debating on keeping it long term as my sole vehicle, keeping as a second car, or selling it / buying new.

What I am curious to find out is what the car is like after 40-50,000 miles. Anyone have a high mileage B9 that can share their thoughts on reliability, wear, drive, depreciation, etc.?
Old 09-12-2018, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by A4Nash
I'm looking at my options as I enter year 3 of ownership of 2017 B9 P+ w/Sport (purchased cash in mid 2016). I have only 15,000 miles on mine, and am debating on keeping it long term as my sole vehicle, keeping as a second car, or selling it / buying new.

What I am curious to find out is what the car is like after 40-50,000 miles. Anyone have a high mileage B9 that can share their thoughts on reliability, wear, drive, depreciation, etc.?
I took delivery of my A4 in Dec 2016... I have 37,000 miles on it. Car has been mostly reliable. Had two issues very early on: battery failed & had to be replaced, and the electric steering failed and the beam (I think) had to be replaced.

Not sure what you'd want to know about wear and drive.

Depreciation is going to be hard to figure out, since dealers are going to have a hard time finding comparable sales to reference. I had the same issue when I traded in my 328i: no one knew what it was worth.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

I took delivery at Ingolstadt in Dec 2016, arrived in US Feb 2017. Currently at 32,000 trouble free miles. One free and two Audi Care oil changes. Never needed oil between changes.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by fnarq
I took delivery of my A4 in Dec 2016... I have 37,000 miles on it. Car has been mostly reliable. Had two issues very early on: battery failed & had to be replaced, and the electric steering failed and the beam (I think) had to be replaced.

Not sure what you'd want to know about wear and drive.

Depreciation is going to be hard to figure out, since dealers are going to have a hard time finding comparable sales to reference. I had the same issue when I traded in my 328i: no one knew what it was worth.
Thanks for the insight. I agree the depreciation is tricky at this point... As far as wear/drive, I was wondering more about brake life experience, 18" tire life (quattro), ride-quality changes, large out-of warranty maintenance issue,rattles, etc. in the car with 50,000+ miles.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Just passed 46k miles on mine, bought new 4/17. Had to change tires around 38k because of a flat. Nothing else has been needed except 1 free oil change and the 3 I've done myself and the dsg fluid swap. Brakes are still fine 90% highway miles.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by dbias
dsg fluid swap.
Hey dbias, so you did the DSG fluid change according to Breadbooze on this thread -- https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2936001/page7/
Did you changd the MTF fluid as well? If so, how did you do it compare to Breadbooze described?
I asked my service adviser about the fluid change and was told no need to, it's lifetime and the dealership he work for doesn't do it for B9 A4 as part of the Audi Care. lol
Old 09-12-2018, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by minmet
Hey dbias, so you did the DSG fluid change according to Breadbooze on this thread -- https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2936001/page7/
Did you changd the MTF fluid as well? If so, how did you do it compare to Breadbooze described?
I asked my service adviser about the fluid change and was told no need to, it's lifetime and the dealership he work for doesn't do it for B9 A4 as part of the Audi Care. lol

Yes I did the dsg fluid but not the MTF. I called 6 or 7 dealerships to get a price and ask pointedly exactly what that entailed including procedures and part numbers for the fluid. Most never called me back but 1 said it wasn't due till 50k, and insisted a filter was part of the deal and 2 of them said 80k. So I followed bread booze fine instructions and got it done in my BIL garage.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Delivered Jul-Aug 2016 - 37K miles now:
- replaced 3 times windshield wipers - 2 times original, 1 OEM - still unhappy
- Bang and Olufsen door logo recall
- Flat tire - not fixable on the border of tread - replaced all 4 tires. BTW got Audi recommended Michelin - much better then Pirelli
Old 09-13-2018, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dbias
Yes I did the dsg fluid but not the MTF. I called 6 or 7 dealerships to get a price and ask pointedly exactly what that entailed including procedures and part numbers for the fluid. Most never called me back but 1 said it wasn't due till 50k, and insisted a filter was part of the deal and 2 of them said 80k. So I followed bread booze fine instructions and got it done in my BIL garage.
Great, way to go. Thanks!
There is all sorts of conflicted or lack of info from dealers. Time to roll our own sleeves. (That's what my service adviser said: "looks you are very capable on automotive stuffs, you can do it yourself if you want to change the fluid. We don't do it for this A4." )
Old 09-13-2018, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magnit
Delivered Jul-Aug 2016 - 37K miles now:
- replaced 3 times windshield wipers - 2 times original, 1 OEM - still unhappy
- Bang and Olufsen door logo recall
- Flat tire - not fixable on the border of tread - replaced all 4 tires. BTW got Audi recommended Michelin - much better then Pirelli
You are comparing two tires from two different categories. The Michelin is an Ultra High Performance tire which focuses on performance thus people driving sporty cars like it. This Pirelli is Grand Touring all season tire which focuses on comfort. Unfortunately, it is put on a relatively sporty car thus won't satisfy either campus for sportiness or for comfort. Michelin don't even has a grand touring all season in this size/profile knowing it won't satisfy consumers.

Quick Reply: Who has the most miles on their B9?