A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

I see common problems posted here like roof noises and malfunctions, is this a concern?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I see common problems posted here like roof noises and malfunctions, is this a concern?

Has Audi issued any recalls/fixes for these problems? I'm just doing a bit of research before going for a new 3.0 Cab.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:56 AM
Elder Member

NO RECALLS. also so far the service i recieved is POOR
Old 11-06-2003, 09:45 AM

Re: I totally agree with Caster - Great car spoilt by poor quality and even worse dealers
Old 11-06-2003, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Its a german car OF COURSE you will have problems...

...but nothing major. I have/had a few squeaking issues-but GUESS WHAT, its a convertible. My folding power mirrors acted up, I had issues w/air bag lights, and just MINOR other things like drawer for change didnt close properly. BUT nothing has taken my cab off the road. Go for the cab if ESPECIALLY if you live in So Cal(do you?)
Old 11-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Elder Member

Hey man. I agree but the service is horrible that im getting. I almost want to sell it but love it
Old 11-06-2003, 02:55 PM

Default Re: I see common problems posted here like roof noises and malfunctions, is this a concern?

Well the problems I have had have been minor--about the same with any other new car I've owned. I get great service here in Northern California. I love this car--best I've had yet. I had the same recall I think all VW/Audi's with the 1.8 and 3.0--coil problem. but that was fixed asap. I know hampUK had horrible service and crappy dealers --sounds like caster has the same issues.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Its a german car OF COURSE you will have problems...

I'm here in Houston - people bitch about the summer heat and humidity but the winter months (September thru March) is perfect top-down weather, plus the summer evenings/nights are also great for top-down driving.
Old 11-06-2003, 04:59 PM

Default Re: I totally agree with Caster - Great car spoilt by poor quality and even worse dealers

hmmm... sorry to hear some of you have had bad experience with after-sales service from your dealer. if I go for the Cab it will be the 7th Audi I've owned and my local dealer has been great for the past 3 years I've had my '01 2.8Q. I'll probably go for the 3.0 Cab - now just have to decide on all the options, colors, etc. :-)
Old 11-07-2003, 02:16 AM

Default Build quality is fantastic in my car...

I know HampUK has had problems (?early build) and I'm very sympathetic, but I got to say that any magazine you pick up goes on endlessly about Audi build and cabin quality being miles ahead of BMW, Merc, and certainly Saab: and my own experience has been exactly that. This is with the Cab itself, not just Audi in general. Mine seems to be rock-solid and perfectly screwed together. I had some reservations about the suspension and ride, but this is a design not build quality issue - and it seems OK since changing the tyres to Michelin and experimenting with the pressures.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:42 AM

Default Go for it

It's a fantastic car. Built quality is superb, like all audis. A few rattles from the roof, but that is an issue in every convertible car.

Quick Reply: I see common problems posted here like roof noises and malfunctions, is this a concern?