A4 Cabriolet (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 Cabriolet

What to Do?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to Do?

Well here it goes, I am new to this forum and Audi and I am looking for help! My wife and I just bought a '03 A4 Cab and we love it the problem is that the CVT is acting up, lurching and slipping as she stops. The dealer is 250 miles away and my local one will attempt to "fix" the problem. The issue is that we did not buy the car to just put in the shop! The dealer is great and they are willing to get us into a '04 if that is what we want, I don't want to just switch problems.

So.. Any thoughts on what to do? We want to stay with the A4 as we love the lines and the cab. Thanks for your thoughts.
Chris
Old 06-22-2004, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Warrenty Item! They will try to fix and if they can't they will have to replace the tranny (m)

If you like everything about the car then just make them fix the tranny to your satisfaction. This seems to be a common problem on '03s, maybe by now there is a TSB on it. There is nothing the dealer would like to do more than to have you spend more money buying an '04. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:37 PM

Default Re: What to Do?

Depending on where you live an dhow long you've owned this car --you should take it back. If it is a used one, clearly the Audi certification of this car didn't happen. The tranny problem you are having is probably the same problem the original was having but didn't want to deal with it. Audi USA is pretty good at taking care of their customers providing the car problem is Audi's fault ( not abuse of the car--no oil changes, over reving, etc..). To give you an example, my 2003 is having problems wiht the top--it's coming apart near the windshield. They said they would replace it no problem. They also gave me my money back on a 2002 Allroad that was a lemon. They were very helpful and supportiv as well. That' swhy I bought another Audi ( the cab).

I have heard of troubles with the CVT in the 03's but I have yet to experince any. I had issues with the airconditioning and the goddamned check engine light but that's about it.

Take it back to your dealer and make sure they kiss your butt and give you what you want.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default hopefully their dealer will be more helpful with their CVT

they still havent fixed my problem and it comes back occasionaly and no matter what they tell me, it isnt electrical. Interesting to note, all CVT problems are from 2003. Correct me if i am wrong.
Old 06-22-2004, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Warrenty Item! They will try to fix and if they can't they will have to replace the tranny (m)

The dealer has been great, at least better than the level of Customer Service I have come to expect. My local dealer would not deal at all with a $ purchase so I went to the internet and found one in TN, Rick Hill Imports. I was very nervous about buying a used car out of state, I'm from KY, but the sales person was very helpful and they had what we wanted, '03 A4 cab, xenon, loaded 3.0 and for what I researched to be a good price. We flew down last Thursday and drove the 5hours home, great drive all highway so the problem did not appear or maybe I wasn't looking for it!! A friend told me about this forum and that is when I read all about the CVT problems and my eyes where opened. Then the flood gates opened with all the horor stories about Audi problems from past owners I never knew about (friends).

I know the dealer would love to have me move into a '04 and make some more $ off of me while providing customer service, I am also not wanting to throw the baby out with the bathwater. The car has 13k miles and is in bristol condition!!! Dark blue with blue top, we love it. I am almost inclined to let the local dealer attempt to fix it but the stories of 24 days in the shop scare me especially since they did not sell me the car so why bust their humps to fix.

Sorry for being so long winded, but the thought of spending alot of $ for a toy and sending it to the shop does not sit well with me. They will make it right and i want to be fair to them.
Thanks for the input on this one fellow Audi owners!
Chris
Old 06-22-2004, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You should not have a problem... elaboration...

Audi dealers by and large ar OK.. they get paid decent rates by Audi for repairs and loaners. When it comes to transmissions.. they do not fix them. They plug it in.. find the fault, call AoA and if it not something they can do with electronics (Trans Computer TCU) then they yank it and install an new one fresh off the FEDEX truck.

My wifes 01 AF 2.8Q started acting funny at 17K holding in third, then shifting. starting 2nd not shifting then the next day all is well.
Went to my dealer they called the next day and they said a new tranny in enroute from Germany. I asked.. they said the above, Dealers don' fix Audi trannys they replace them.

The car now has 52K with no other probelms beyond Audi maint. It goes back to the dealer on Friday.. the lease is up.

We will drive home in a new 2004 Alpaka/Beige Cab 3.0Q
Old 06-22-2004, 09:24 PM

CONGRATS! that was your 2000th post
Old 06-23-2004, 04:07 AM
Elder Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ NEWWWWWWWWWB
Old 06-23-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ NEWWWWWWWWWB

I take it your comment "NEWWWB" was intended to relate that I was new to the forum, if so thanks alot for your help! I hope your read the sarcasm in it.

Nice to know that you can come to the "Audi" forum and get nice folks like you and the other "2000 post" comments. Keep up the great work!

I do appreciate the honest feedback by others!
Again THANKS
Old 06-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Elder Member

Default not you.. its was towards mrjain. if it was toward you it wouldve been under

your post