A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

2022 Color Availibility?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 894 Likes on 732 Posts

Just received an update on the 2022 A6 55 Prestige I ordered on June 26, 2021. It is at the factory and its ship is currently scheduled to deport on February 10th (only 2 days away). It is currently schedule to arrive at the Davisville, Rhode Island Port on March 4th. The estimated delivery at the dealer is March 10-25. Never would have thought it would take 9 months to get the car. Hopefully I still like what I ordered!
The following users liked this post:
sleeeepguy (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 01:15 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Here is the Red w/Black Optic car

This looks pretty good, but is it just me or are the wheels kind of a “miss” with this color combination? Seems like they need to be darker IMO.

Old 02-08-2022, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AGreenRoad
This looks pretty good, but is it just me or are the wheels kind of a “miss” with this color combination? Seems like they need to be darker IMO.
yeah that’d look super nice with dark graphite wheels

Last edited by Mysta; 02-08-2022 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-08-2022, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Nice…

Originally Posted by AGreenRoad

Is that a Glut Orange RS5 Coupe in the background?
Old 02-10-2022, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Greetings avant fans! I've owned several Audis over the years -- my last and favorite an S6 Avant -- and I'm now coming back into the fold.

I have an A6 Allroad on order -- April build, May or June delivery. But, I am dismayed by the color options -- or lack thereof. (Hard to consider shades of gray "colors.") The only "color," by my definition is Firmament Blue metallic. A nice color, but very dark, and would rarely look clean in the Pacific NW. I also don't like the contrast with the goofy fender flares -- full paint would help, of course.

So, ruling out black and white, and Firmament Blue, I'm left with shades of gray or a special color. A special color is appealing, except for he price -- almost $4k seems awfully steep.

I ordered my car sight unseen (and I'm sure I'm not the only one given the limited inventory). I ordered chronos gray metallic, based on the assumption that this was the color Audi chose for their website -- the car looks good in their photos. Also, I liked the fact that it seemed to blend pretty well with the unpainted fender flare color. But, when I saw the color yesterday on an Audi Q3 (I believe), it looked flat -- no pop, and and not very metallic. That said, it was an overcast day.

Bottom line, I'm now having second thoughts about my color selection. Of the remaining shades of gray I would pick Florett silver or Dew silver. Silver always looks good -- but it is ubiquitous and unoriginal.

Colors are personal, so I'm not sure posting my dilemma is helpful, but sentiments about Chronos Gray -- those who've actually seen it on an Allroad, unlike me -- would be welcome. Also, can anyone confirm that this is the color shown on the car on the Audi website? https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/mo...ew/build.html#

cheers, Andy

Old 02-10-2022, 07:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy (Portland, OR)
Greetings avant fans! I've owned several Audis over the years -- my last and favorite an S6 Avant -- and I'm now coming back into the fold.

I have an A6 Allroad on order -- April build, May or June delivery. But, I am dismayed by the color options -- or lack thereof. (Hard to consider shades of gray "colors.") The only "color," by my definition is Firmament Blue metallic. A nice color, but very dark, and would rarely look clean in the Pacific NW. I also don't like the contrast with the goofy fender flares -- full paint would help, of course.

So, ruling out black and white, and Firmament Blue, I'm left with shades of gray or a special color. A special color is appealing, except for he price -- almost $4k seems awfully steep.

I ordered my car sight unseen (and I'm sure I'm not the only one given the limited inventory). I ordered chronos gray metallic, based on the assumption that this was the color Audi chose for their website -- the car looks good in their photos. Also, I liked the fact that it seemed to blend pretty well with the unpainted fender flare color. But, when I saw the color yesterday on an Audi Q3 (I believe), it looked flat -- no pop, and and not very metallic. That said, it was an overcast day.

Bottom line, I'm now having second thoughts about my color selection. Of the remaining shades of gray I would pick Florett silver or Dew silver. Silver always looks good -- but it is ubiquitous and unoriginal.

Colors are personal, so I'm not sure posting my dilemma is helpful, but sentiments about Chronos Gray -- those who've actually seen it on an Allroad, unlike me -- would be welcome. Also, can anyone confirm that this is the color shown on the car on the Audi website? https://www.audiusa.com/us/web/en/mo...ew/build.html#

cheers, Andy
well as you can see there’s a red one somewhere lol. But there’s some old green colors too. But really hard to find any used let alone a rare color. I’m going with firmament blue but I’ve heard good things about florett and dew silver
Old 02-11-2022, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 101 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysta
well as you can see there’s a red one somewhere lol. But there’s some old green colors too. But really hard to find any used let alone a rare color. I’m going with firmament blue but I’ve heard good things about florett and dew silver
I know from personal experience they are running on a reduced color portfolio, and have been since the beginning of the pandemic, so it would be very difficult to provide advice on what colors are actually available. I just found out yesterday that the color I initially ordered is not available, which really pissed me off.
Old 02-12-2022, 05:14 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Here is dew silver in direct sun middle of day and then in sunset light / shade then full shade at dusk. The red allroad sold already, the orange RS5 looks like it was selling when we picked up our allroad. I did not color correct any of these images.

Last edited by AGreenRoad; 02-12-2022 at 05:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by AGreenRoad:
1998993c2s (04-02-2022), sleeeepguy (02-15-2022)
Old 02-12-2022, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice!! And congrats.
The following 2 users liked this post by Andy (Portland, OR):
AGreenRoad (02-26-2022), sleeeepguy (02-15-2022)
Old 02-14-2022, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

@AGreenRoad Wow, what an interesting color! Do you feel the photos do it justice? I have a feeling it is one of those colors that is hard to capture in photos. I look forward to seeing one in person. Do you have any plans for the car? How do you like it?

Quick Reply: 2022 Color Availibility?