A6 allroad (C8 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C8 Audi A6 allroad produced from 2020

Traffic for Nav through SiriusXM

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Traffic for Nav through SiriusXM

Found this thread where they change one OBD adaption so the navigation gets traffic from Sirius instead of Audi Connect. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...pires-2941112/

I did this to my car today and had sirius activate the traffic plan for my car. My car picked up the subscription as it went from expired to subscribed. I tried setting a destination but didn't notice any traffic. Tried again a few hours later to no avail.

Will update if it starts working. Would be worth it to take advantage of the built-in nav for $50/year rather than the obscene $400/year.
Old 06-13-2021, 05:00 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 358 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by riotburn
Found this thread where they change one OBD adaption so the navigation gets traffic from Sirius instead of Audi Connect. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...pires-2941112/

I did this to my car today and had sirius activate the traffic plan for my car. My car picked up the subscription as it went from expired to subscribed. I tried setting a destination but didn't notice any traffic. Tried again a few hours later to no avail.

Will update if it starts working. Would be worth it to take advantage of the built-in nav for $50/year rather than the obscene $400/year.
How did you convince Sirius to add your car to their system? I tried to do this on our RS5 and got stuck with Sirius not adding the radio. I gave up. Maybe I need to try again. It profoundly annoying that the traffic information from the default source only displays highways. 90% of my driving is on surface streets these days. That may change once the Pandemic restrictions lift and we go back to the office….
Old 06-13-2021, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

I did it through their chat. When they asked for the radio number, I told them I know it won't show as compatible but it's been recoded to work. Then again I can't tell if the nav is using the traffic data from sirius or not. Dont know what to look for.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:23 PM
Club AutoUnion

I did it through their chat. When they asked for the radio number, I told them I know it won't show as compatible but it's been recoded to work. Then again I can't tell if the nav is using the traffic data from sirius or not. Dont know what to look for.
you should see traffic on non-highway roads, major surface streets. Not every single road of course, but more than just highways.

I tried what you did but wasn’t successful. Maybe I need to try again.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

What does traffic look like on the nav? Maybe I should try traffic + travellink
Old 06-13-2021, 04:54 PM
Club AutoUnion

What does traffic look like on the nav? Maybe I should try traffic + travellink
it’ll show up as Green, Orange, or Red depending on how heavy traffic is. There is a key somewhere the ties speed to the colors. But basically, Green means normal road speeds, Red is stop and go, basically a traffic jam. Orange is somewhere in between.
Old 06-14-2021, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I chatted with sirius and they said the traffic plan alone is enough to get color coded maps. On a separate note, I see the following menu. I wonder if there is a setting that would change it to source data from my phone instead,

Old 06-14-2021, 12:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this only for certain large cities (New York, PA, etc) or do they publish for all areas?
Old 06-14-2021, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by rmcarr
Is this only for certain large cities (New York, PA, etc) or do they publish for all areas?
Since it's not working yet for me, it's for no cities at the moment.
The following users liked this post:
rmcarr (06-14-2021)
Old 08-08-2021, 04:28 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I tried the chat but keep getting punted to a phone number, which is only M-F. Hopefully they can help. Have you tried the A4 adaptation code if the A5/S5 code doesn't work?

Quick Reply: Traffic for Nav through SiriusXM