Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

100K+ club - Who's already there and how are they holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hit 120k last week and did some Maint over the weekend.

Things done:
Rear Brakes
Air Filter
Spark Plugs
Oil Filer
Oil Change
Overall Inspection of the undercarage

Everything went well. Plugs looked really good after 30k but I replaced them anyway. Rear brakes were simple to change, though you do need the Vag-Com to back off the E-brake motors (it's the proper way, there are DIY's on how to do this without Vag-Com, I would not personally do that). Aside from that, super easy brake change.

I took the time to tidy up the engine bay a bit and put her right back into service. Thinking I'm going to start looking into replacing the fuel filter next. It's not even on the Maint schedule but it's a filter, and it should be changed.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have been very tempted to do my brakes.... 67K miles on the original set!
I like to hear "easy". I know there is an DIY post on the forum here somewhere, and I do have a Vagcom cable, great investment. Might as well get some more use out of it.

I have my EBC rear rotors and front and rear Red Stuff pads; just waiting for the back-ordered front rotors. I notice there is a Right and Left rotor, due to the slot orientation.

My dealer said they would put these parts on if I bring them in, but if it's relatively simple, then I may go ahead. (Last brake job I did was in HS auto shop in the 70's, I put some drum brakes in a machine that ground/filed them down real nice, lol. Right after I sandblasted and reinstalled some spark plugs... )
Old 12-01-2015, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't done the rotors, that will be on the next go round. The pads themselves front and rear were very easy. As for pads, I went with the Euro-Ceramic from Akenbono. My A6 is white and I'm sooooooo tired of the sides of the car being black from all the brake dust thrown by the factory style pads.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Calimus
I haven't done the rotors, that will be on the next go round. The pads themselves front and rear were very easy. As for pads, I went with the Euro-Ceramic from Akenbono. My A6 is white and I'm sooooooo tired of the sides of the car being black from all the brake dust thrown by the factory style pads.
Quick question, did you use the same OEM wear sensors on the left wheels, and any issues?
Old 12-01-2015, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

No, I used the ware sensors that came with the brake pad kit. No issues, once everything was in place, the car stopped yelling at me. The only thing you will need to do is clear the fault code in the brakes module so that the E-brake light stops blinking at you. I have the whole procedure in a file at home, would be happy to post it up if you like.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

I haven't updated in a while. Hit 130k two weeks ago and did my customary oil/filter change. Also replaced the cabin filter while I was at it. Car is still running strong and not giving me any issues.

Going to start the research for replacing the fuel filter. I've done them on all my cars over the years so it's just a matter of making sure I get the right one and locating exactly where it is on the car. Then the fun of is it easy to get to. Should be fun.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Fuel filter is under passenger side rear seat. Under metal cover at least on mine. Its together with fuel pump assembly but is definitely separate part.
Best I can tell from my research on part and questions at dealer. It will probably be very similar process as VW video linked below with minor differences I imagine.

edit: added video

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 04-17-2016 at 09:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2016, 08:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Fuel filter is under passenger side rear seat. Under metal cover at least on mine. Its together with fuel pump assembly but is definitely seperate part.
Thanks for the heads up. Not exactly where I would have hoped to find it. Would have preferred it be on the underside of the car.
Old 04-16-2016, 10:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Calimus
Thanks for the heads up. Not exactly where I would have hoped to find it. Would have preferred it be on the underside of the car.
I know huh
Old 04-17-2016, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since its under the passenger seat, the next time you take someone in your car, just have them replace it for you while you drive.

Quick Reply: 100K+ club - Who's already there and how are they holding up?