Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 Audi A6 - Decision in process

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New for 2016 is the contour seat package, which basically gives you the A8's world-beater seats. I'd think seriously about it, especially if you take a lot of road trips. I've spent more than my fair share of time reading Audi forums, and the A6/A7 standard seats are often a target for complaints. The A8 seats -- with ventilated cooling function, tons of adjustments, and massage feature -- seem to garner nearly unanimous positive reviews. Something to think about. I'm almost definitely going for them whenever I order.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Don't have definitive proof of this but here in the UK Xenon is now the standard on the SE (base spec) with the S-Line spec/S6 getting LED as standard and the option of Matrix LED. Up until the facelift Xenon equipped cars came with Headlight Washers in order to meet EU regulations. Following the facelift the SE spec does not have Headlight Washers despite having Xenons. The thinking here is that the Xenons fitted to facelift cars are less powerful (apparently Xenon equipped cars only need HLW if the bulbs fitted are above a certain number of Lumens) than previously and thus do not require HLW. LED equipped cars still have the washers and those with SE spec continue to get front bumper with the cutouts present but no washers to remind them of their poverty spec! This may or may not apply to the 2016 spec cars in the US
John, as you prob know, the A6 C7 in North America has never included headlight washers with any headlight type. Which, based upon my prev experience with them in earlier Audis I've owned, is a good thing IMO. All they did was make a mess on the hood, used washer fluid like a drunken sailor and weren't very effective in any case. In fact, with my old 01 A6 and 02 allroad, after a time they stopped working all on their own. I never bothered to repair them.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I was pleased to note that even on the P+ 2.0 they have included Power Adjust Steering Column+ Memory for 2016. A year or two ago they added Side Assist to the P+, each year they add more - this is good for those of us you don't want or need to pay for Prestige.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I wholeheartedly agree with the positive comments re the LED headlights. After using them for a few months, I had a loaner overnight with Xenons. In comparison, I felt like I was using a flashlight with weak batteries. Well, a bit of hyperbole there, but the difference in angle and distance was immediately noticeable on rural roads - I felt handicapped.
Hmm..i love the look of my LED's, but everytime i get into my Jeep grand cherokee with xenons, i realize how much better lighting it provides down the road. I get the Jeep sits higher so perhaps SUV's light up more effectively in general. But i feel like my A6 lights cut off a bit too short, as if they are pointing too low. Going to ask my dealer to have a look and see if they need adjustment. Now that i think about it, I did lower my car a bit when i installed the Sport springs...Could they have been adjusted at the factory based on the slightly higher standard suspension ride height?
Old 02-05-2015, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by 2008A6
s...Could they have been adjusted at the factory based on the slightly higher standard suspension ride height?
That would seem to be a logical assumption. FWIW - I am still enjoying the better lighting of my Xenons compared to the Halogens on my '06 and '08 Audi A4's. I will keep LED's in mind for my next Audi, that's for sure. I wish Audi had integrated/built-in deer deterrent whistles as an option. I have to stick mine on with double faced tape or risk another deer hit - built-ins might look better and conceivably even work better - the four rings might grab the deer's attention lol.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

When new, mine were actually set a bit high - I was getting too many oncoming flashers. Once the dealer set to spec, I have no problem with incoming cars and the distance on low beams is fine. On high beams, it's like a night game at Foxboro Stadium.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Pratfall
New for 2016 is the contour seat package, which basically gives you the A8's world-beater seats. I'd think seriously about it, especially if you take a lot of road trips. I've spent more than my fair share of time reading Audi forums, and the A6/A7 standard seats are often a target for complaints. The A8 seats -- with ventilated cooling function, tons of adjustments, and massage feature -- seem to garner nearly unanimous positive reviews. Something to think about. I'm almost definitely going for them whenever I order.
Yup, really excited about those for my S6. Hated to give up the quilted seats but once I sat in an A8 I was sold.
Old 02-05-2015, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Pratfall
It is my understanding the contour seats do not have the pull-out thigh support extenders like Audi sport seats. Do you know if the contour seat's bottom cushion is longer/deeper from front to back than the standard A6 seats are? This is my main issue with my A6's seats.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
It is my understanding the contour seats do not have the pull-out thigh support extenders like Audi sport seats. Do you know if the contour seat's bottom cushion is longer/deeper from front to back than the standard A6 seats are? This is my main issue with my A6's seats.
I wish I could tell you but I don't know. I take from what I've read that the new contour seats are almost identical to the seats you find in the current A8 with the "premium package," i.e., the 22 way, ventilated, massage seats. If you can find an A8 with those seats at your dealer and inspect them in person, it should closely resemble the new A6 contour seats.
Old 02-06-2015, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
When new, mine were actually set a bit high - I was getting too many oncoming flashers. Once the dealer set to spec, I have no problem with incoming cars and the distance on low beams is fine. On high beams, it's like a night game at Foxboro Stadium.
Deflated bolsters?

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A6 - Decision in process