Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2019 C8 Audi A6 (unconfirmed) leaked images

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I like the C8 but I have a few questions about how some of the features will get screwed up for the US:
Do we get Amber turn signals?
Are the Amber turn signals travelling?
Will Matrix headlights be offered?
Will we get the Auto stop feature (the extra button below the EPB)?
The drivers visor shown does not have the defacing sticker on it, will it in the US?
Has the ACC been improved to the point where you can select the acceleration and distance during low speed follow?
Will the dancing behind the trunk still be necessary to open the lid?
Turbo 3.0 has 335 HP - that's not enough to be competitive in this market, besides the 2018 SC has 340HP.
Will we get offered the 4 suspension set ups that the EU has?
Has the VC been improved to allow user configurable screens or is it the same as the other models?

I too am not a fan of touch screens. If I set the steering wheel to be the perfect distance for a comfortable reach then how can a touch screen be easily touched if it is 6 inches further away without leaning forward out of my seat? With an out-stretched arm bouncing up and down over US roads the likelihood of hitting the intended button is about 50%.
Old 03-03-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don’t like the whole touch screen only set up ... we have this in our Acura and it is really distracting, it takes too many steps for simple things like turning on the heated seats. Every Acura survey I suggest they look at Audi and bmw and should copy the mmi or I-drive ****. Hopefully Audi does a better job then Acura on this.

I really like my 2017 A6 and my lease is up later this year, I will definitely be checking out this new one if it is out in time.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I am surprised at the lack of comments regarding my post #21. Are most people accepting of the lack of features that other markets have or do they not value those features?
Old 03-03-2018, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah, good points. Here's my thoughts:

Judging by the new A4, A5 etc - not likely!

On the EU versions: yes, see official German/Dutch Audi sites. Not likely this will be the case in the US though as regulations are stricter (minimum amount of light surface needs to be lit up at any given time when the blinker is on).

I read some time ago that they were in the process of getting them approved here in the US, but according to this article it should've happened in 2017 already: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/a...on-112681.html

Has the ACC been improved to the point where you can select the acceleration and distance during low speed follow?
A later upgrade to the A8 will let it drive itself up to 37mph, in one of the Dutch reviews I saw of the A8, they said the same tech will come down to A7 and A6 as well, but nothing official yet. (https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...driving-37-mph)

Turbo 3.0 has 335 HP - that's not enough to be competitive in this market, besides the 2018 SC has 340HP.
Isn't that the competition only though? The regular has 333hp. And it's been a recent trend though, the new RS5 has exactly the same amount of horses as the previous gen, but it's also lighter and more responsive apparently.

I doubt we will see all 4 just on the A6. Based on previous releases, probably we will get the choice of standard and sport on the A6 and the air on the S6 (maybe with upgrade to the new DRC, like in the current RS7).

I like to play around on the German or preferably Dutch (a language I actually know fluently) to get a feel of all the options, etc. I'm surprised Audi doesn't offer the same level of customization here. Do they really think Americans are less sophisticated and can't handle all the options??
Old 03-04-2018, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Yeah, good points. Here's my thoughts:

Judging by the new A4, A5 etc - not likely!

On the EU versions: yes, see official German/Dutch Audi sites. Not likely this will be the case in the US though as regulations are stricter (minimum amount of light surface needs to be lit up at any given time when the blinker is on).

I read some time ago that they were in the process of getting them approved here in the US, but according to this article it should've happened in 2017 already: https://www.autoevolution.com/news/a...on-112681.html

A later upgrade to the A8 will let it drive itself up to 37mph, in one of the Dutch reviews I saw of the A8, they said the same tech will come down to A7 and A6 as well, but nothing official yet. (https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/...driving-37-mph)

Isn't that the competition only though? The regular has 333hp. And it's been a recent trend though, the new RS5 has exactly the same amount of horses as the previous gen, but it's also lighter and more responsive apparently.

I doubt we will see all 4 just on the A6. Based on previous releases, probably we will get the choice of standard and sport on the A6 and the air on the S6 (maybe with upgrade to the new DRC, like in the current RS7).

I like to play around on the German or preferably Dutch (a language I actually know fluently) to get a feel of all the options, etc. I'm surprised Audi doesn't offer the same level of customization here. Do they really think Americans are less sophisticated and can't handle all the options??
Thank you. I wonder how many people in the US realize that when you buy an Audi that we cannot get most of the advanced features that Audi touts, and the reviewers tout, when the car is introduced? Yes you are also correct when you suspect that Audi, and other manufacturers, think that the American market is less sophisticated. Driving is not an art or a skill to be honed and perfected in the US as it is numerous other countries, together with a government that is 20 years behind the times we end up without getting the latest and greatest advancements in automotive technology.
Old 03-04-2018, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
Thank you. I wonder how many people in the US realize that when you buy an Audi that we cannot get most of the advanced features that Audi touts, and the reviewers tout, when the car is introduced? Yes you are also correct when you suspect that Audi, and other manufacturers, think that the American market is less sophisticated. Driving is not an art or a skill to be honed and perfected in the US as it is numerous other countries, together with a government that is 20 years behind the times we end up without getting the latest and greatest advancements in automotive technology.
It's not a matter of less sophisticated buyers. These cars are sold at lower margins in the US than in Europe. They need a limited set of trims with limited options that they can sell at high volume in the US to compensate for the lower margins.
Old 03-05-2018, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by visualguy
These cars are sold at lower margins in the US than in Europe. They need a limited set of trims with limited options that they can sell at high volume in the US to compensate for the lower margins.
You are probably correct, it's a marketing decision as 99% of decisions are based on money. It's just a shame that the best technology is saved for non US markets and we only get offered the second rate product. I, for one, would be willing to pay extra for the advanced options that I referred to above.
It would add legitimacy if the reviews and early press reports stated that most of the latest features of the car in question will not be available in the US.

Last edited by DB22; 03-05-2018 at 06:03 AM.
Old 03-05-2018, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I dig! esp the interior!!
Old 03-05-2018, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

MEH...front end is doesn't sit right with me. Less Audi and more of a Kia/Toyota feel.
Old 03-05-2018, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by r1racer
MEH...front end is doesn't sit right with me. Less Audi and more of a Kia/Toyota feel.
To me the front end is the most Audi looking part of the C8 A6, at least from the videos and pic's I've seen so far.

Quick Reply: 2019 C8 Audi A6 (unconfirmed) leaked images