Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 or XF, could use some input

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 07:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

My friend was visiting with his 2011 Jag XF and thought it would be interesting to do some A6/XF comparison photos..
Attached Images    
Old 08-26-2012, 07:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Jaguar XJ for a few days, I gata say it would be a scary investment.

Within it's first 3k miles the whole center stack shut off, I thought probably due to a fuse or something. Couldn't fix it my-self, was left out without any AC.

They impractically placed the fuse box in the center console of the back seats, so the car could never have a ski pass through or anything of the sorts.

V8, but extremely heavy car, you're right though, boy does it rumble. Great Sound, but it goes no where fast. Lacked any sportiness.

Had a full LCD dashboard, was very pretty, but missed the physical feeling. I can see the next generation of cars realize this and go back to having a mix of physical indicators with digital ones. Audi setup is pretty good, could use a bigger screens all around though.

You thought the nav was bad in audi, meet absolute crap.

A simple yet huge flaw is the ambient lighting, there are reasons why audi and such don't have it everywhere. XJ, however, they even have it on the AC vents, which creates glare on the side windows at night, making it harder to spot things.

I liked the car, but 80k of the XJ, I started laughing.
So I can't imagine how the XF would be. But A6 is a smart move.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cross-shopped these models as well, and ended up purchasing the A6. Even after 4 months of A6 ownership, I still feel the XF is a better looking car, but the sum total of the A6 won me over. I thought the Jag interior was nice in terms of comfort, but the functionality of A6 interior was clearly superior. Handling and acceleration were similar. I think I would have been happy with the Jag, but frustrated by the feature set and possibly by the reliability.

Truthfully, I still pine over the Jag XF and the Audi S5 whenever I see them, but I know I made the pratical choice....
Old 08-27-2012, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
My friend was visiting with his 2011 Jag XF and thought it would be interesting to do some A6/XF comparison photos..
in these pics the audi kills the jag, but the 2012 jag is much prettier than the 11
Old 08-27-2012, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by move_right
I cross-shopped these models as well, and ended up purchasing the A6. Even after 4 months of A6 ownership, I still feel the XF is a better looking car, but the sum total of the A6 won me over. I thought the Jag interior was nice in terms of comfort, but the functionality of A6 interior was clearly superior. Handling and acceleration were similar. I think I would have been happy with the Jag, but frustrated by the feature set and possibly by the reliability.

Truthfully, I still pine over the Jag XF and the Audi S5 whenever I see them, but I know I made the pratical choice....
you're absolutely right, i know i will pine over the jag also, but the A6 is definitely the better thought, better built, better all around, smarter car, there will be no regrets here, can't wait
Old 08-27-2012, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi

One thing I did like about the Jag...a minor thing...was it's ability for the user to put a PassCode on the Infotainment system, protecting the Nav system. I wish other manufacturers were smart enough to include that on all their cars.
Could you explain this?

What do you mean by "protecting the nav system"?
Old 08-27-2012, 06:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
Could you explain this?

What do you mean by "protecting the nav system"?
I believe it is so valet can't pull up your home address and move your things out while you eat dinner. I think that is the protection. It locks the glovebox and trunk also