Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

after talking how do I end on my audi speaker phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 12:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after talking how do I end on my audi speaker phone

I push talk button give the name it's dialed I talk to the other end when I finish what do I do to end the call?
Old 08-21-2017, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually "end call" is highlighted on your screen during a phone call, so you just press down on the MMI rotary ****.
Old 08-23-2017, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was wondering the same. My 05 use to switch to the phone screen on the MMI when on a call and there was a button on the console or I could use push the left dial on the steering wheel to end the call. On my 12 the phone screen doesn't automatically pop up and I don't get the option to hang up except on the phone.
Old 08-25-2017, 10:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hit phone button and then end call, or steering buttons to navigate in the cluster to the phone section and depress the roller inwards when highlighting the end call icon in the dash.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goldswing
Usually "end call" is highlighted on your screen during a phone call, so you just press down on the MMI rotary ****.
This is what happens on my MMI when the other party disconnects.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by porksoda
Hit phone button and then end call, or steering buttons to navigate in the cluster to the phone section and depress the roller inwards when highlighting the end call icon in the dash.
Is there a way to get the phone screen to pop up when you answer a call?
Old 08-30-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,068 Likes on 742 Posts

This same question came up on the A8 forum. Here's how it should work and if it doesn't work this way you may need a firmware upgrade to fix it.

Placing a call (for example via voice command)

The display between the gauges should automatically change to the phone menu to reveal the in-call commands. "End call" should be highlighted, so to end the call, all you have to do is press the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel. There will be other commands such as "Mute" or "Hold" (if you have 3-way calling enabled in the settings). To execute those you scroll the left wheel to highlight the command and then press it. To end the call after using other commands, you first have to scroll again to highlight the "End call" command.

Receiving a call

The MMI screen should automatically switch to Telephone and the display between the gauges to the phone commands. There will be "Accept" and "Decline" commands. "Accept" will be highlighted so to pick up the call you again just press the left scroll wheel. Alternatively on the MMI screen the corner buttons are mapped to Accept and Decline as well. If I remember correctly, top left is Accept and top right is Decline.

Once the call is accepted, the display between the gauges changes to the in-call commands, so again to hang up you simply need to push the left scroll wheel. Alternatively, the MMI screen should remain on Telephone and the corresponding commands such as ending the call should be mapped to the corner buttons again. End call if I remember correctly should be top left.

Once the call is done, the displays should automatically switch back to where you were before the call.

This is how it works in my car. Not an A6, but still the MMI 3G+. It even worked this way in the old RNS-E in my B7 S4.