Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Power Seat programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Power Seat programming

I've had my A6 since April and have not yet figured out the power seat. For months I've been holding button 1 down until the seat slowly moves into my position. My wife has been doing the same when she drives. Then one day I walk up to the car after my wife has been driving and the seat moves into position 1 all by itself.!!?? I don't understand what we've been doing wrong. It still doesn't work for my wife (she has her own key fob) she has to hold button 2 down while it moves into place.

Does anyone know how to program the seat to automatically move into place when a specific key fob unlocks the door?
Old 10-10-2018, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Try page 54 of your owners manual.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by xanmato
Try page 54 of your owners manual.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really? We get an owner's manual with these things?

Last edited by 1loveaudi; 10-11-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loveaudi
Really? We get an owner manual with these things?
When it was new, yes but if you bought it secondhand then it's just a maybe.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loveaudi
I've had my A6 since April and have not yet figured out the power seat. For months I've been holding button 1 down until the seat slowly moves into my position. My wife has been doing the same when she drives. Then one day I walk up to the car after my wife has been driving and the seat moves into position 1 all by itself.!!?? I don't understand what we've been doing wrong. It still doesn't work for my wife (she has her own key fob) she has to hold button 2 down while it moves into place.

Does anyone know how to program the seat to automatically move into place when a specific key fob unlocks the door?
Owner's manual or not, you are not the only one who is having trouble with the key programming. I pretty much gave up on my /15 A6 3.0T (and now that I've managed to lose one key fob it is of no consequence -- can't wait to lay out the cash for a new key fob).

My A6 spent quite a long time at dealer (7 weeks -- no one's fault, lead tech had a family tragedy and I was not fussed by the delay) for replacement of upper timing chain tensioners with upgraded parts (I've posted about this before and anyone who has the 3.0T engine who hears a slight rattle upon cold start-up after car sits for a number of days should check out the TSB especially if they are still under warranty). During that time we had a new loaded A5 Sportback as a loaner. We put almost 3,000 miles on that car -- wife drove it most of time. You guys can probably figure out where this is going. So, after my various expressions on this board of worry about Audi long term reliability given some of the issues on my car (all handled under warranty, thankfully), guess what replaced the uber-reliable Volvo S80 T6.........yes, an A4 with 48.9K sticker discounted by 8K. I can't figure out the darn key programming! Well, that is what the dealer is for so headed back there on weekend. Actually I really, really like the A4 and I have to eat my words about never having a blown 4 cylinder engine. It is quite excellent -- plenty of power, great gas mileage and the car has great brakes and ride (has sport suspension) is better than my A6 w/sport suspension. I'm still not sold on Audi reliability over the long haul so I decided to take an extended test drive -- leased the car for 3 years/45K miles.

Oh, and just to be safe, we kept the trusty Volvo. I'll mothball it for a while as we have a son who will be driving in a little over a year -- good tank for a young driver.

Best,
Jeff
Old 10-12-2018, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
Owner's manual or not, you are not the only one who is having trouble with the key programming. I pretty much gave up on my /15 A6 3.0T (and now that I've managed to lose one key fob it is of no consequence -- can't wait to lay out the cash for a new key fob).

My A6 spent quite a long time at dealer (7 weeks -- no one's fault, lead tech had a family tragedy and I was not fussed by the delay) for replacement of upper timing chain tensioners with upgraded parts (I've posted about this before and anyone who has the 3.0T engine who hears a slight rattle upon cold start-up after car sits for a number of days should check out the TSB especially if they are still under warranty). During that time we had a new loaded A5 Sportback as a loaner. We put almost 3,000 miles on that car -- wife drove it most of time. You guys can probably figure out where this is going. So, after my various expressions on this board of worry about Audi long term reliability given some of the issues on my car (all handled under warranty, thankfully), guess what replaced the uber-reliable Volvo S80 T6.........yes, an A4 with 48.9K sticker discounted by 8K. I can't figure out the darn key programming! Well, that is what the dealer is for so headed back there on weekend. Actually I really, really like the A4 and I have to eat my words about never having a blown 4 cylinder engine. It is quite excellent -- plenty of power, great gas mileage and the car has great brakes and ride (has sport suspension) is better than my A6 w/sport suspension. I'm still not sold on Audi reliability over the long haul so I decided to take an extended test drive -- leased the car for 3 years/45K miles.

Oh, and just to be safe, we kept the trusty Volvo. I'll mothball it for a while as we have a son who will be driving in a little over a year -- good tank for a young driver.

Best,
Jeff
+1