Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Are all front seat options in the A6 this bad?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are all front seat options in the A6 this bad?

Test drove a used 2014 A6 Prestige last night. Loved the engine and transmission and the fit and features of the interior.

However, the front seats are a HUGE letdown. The cushions are way too short, and I'm 5'11" @ 175 lbs, not NBA material. Even my 5'4" wife commented on them. Adding to that the back rest seems short and oddly contoured. In all, I felt that I was sitting "on" the seats rather than "in" them. Are the S-Line seats better?

As a comparison, I sat in an A8 that had seats that looked the same pattern wise. However, they were clearly bigger and MUCH more comfortable. Are all the front seats fitted to the A6 built to 75% scale compared to what is really needed? Is everyone in Germany that small, lol.

If all the A6 seats are this small, I'll be gutted. There is so much else about the car I like, but I cannot have uncomfortable seats in a car I want to use for long distance.

Just as a comparison, the Lexus GS 350 I sat in does not have this issue, nor did the sport seat equipped 2006 Volvo S60 I used to own. Mind you, the stock Volvo seats weren't that great IMHO.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:36 AM
bpd
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 39 Posts

With any and all cars, some like, some don't. That's for any feature. Need to bump up to S or RS model and try it. I have a friend that has is the same height, but 215. He has no complaints about the seats. Its a 2015 A6 P+.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

MY 2012 Premium Plus likely has similar seats, but perhaps w/o ventilation ?? I am not sure if that feature makes a difference to fit or not. I was initially not very enamored with the seats, however after some time, the adjust-ability of the seats and headrest allowed me to find a comfortable driving position. I am 6' and 215lbs, narrower hips / broad shoulders. My chief complaint about the standard A6 seats is lack of side bolster considering it is a sports sedan.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by agentorange
Test drove a used 2014 A6 Prestige last night. Loved the engine and transmission and the fit and features of the interior.

However, the front seats are a HUGE letdown. The cushions are way too short, and I'm 5'11" @ 175 lbs, not NBA material. Even my 5'4" wife commented on them. Adding to that the back rest seems short and oddly contoured. In all, I felt that I was sitting "on" the seats rather than "in" them. Are the S-Line seats better?

As a comparison, I sat in an A8 that had seats that looked the same pattern wise. However, they were clearly bigger and MUCH more comfortable. Are all the front seats fitted to the A6 built to 75% scale compared to what is really needed? Is everyone in Germany that small, lol.

If all the A6 seats are this small, I'll be gutted. There is so much else about the car I like, but I cannot have uncomfortable seats in a car I want to use for long distance.

Just as a comparison, the Lexus GS 350 I sat in does not have this issue, nor did the sport seat equipped 2006 Volvo S60 I used to own. Mind you, the stock Volvo seats weren't that great IMHO.
Up to a 2016 a6. If you can find one with contour seats go for it. Those are the exact seats in the A8. Massage function and everything. They are amazing.
Old 05-11-2018, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I am a total newb to this forum so this is my "inaugural post", or reply.
I've been shopping these A6 3.0 models along with Lexus LS & GX and a couple of lesser viable candidates. The seat options have me befuddled and shocked: it is shocking to see a prestigious brand, in one of its top models, EXclude lumbar support or any other seat-adjustment variable! I was totally put off by that. Told the Audi sales guy it is unbelievable that a car that pricey and supposedly "upscale" would make such an idiotic decision. He agreed.

that all said, WHAT model/trim/package do I have to locate to find one with even a fully-adjustable Passenger seat including adjustable headrest??
Secondly, is it true that none of the A6's offer perforated seating surfaces? I guess it never gets to 115 F in that part of Germany? It does here.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by cognus
is it true that none of the A6's offer perforated seating surfaces?
No its not true I have them in my car.
Old 05-11-2018, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure which part of the world you are from. There are different option lists from Audi based on locale.
My 13 A6 has perforated leather with cooling and power adjusted lumber, the headrest is adjustable on all NA trim with both forward/backward as well as up and down.
Old 05-11-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
No its not true I have them in my car.
i also have them in my car
Old 05-11-2018, 03:01 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 13c7a6
Not sure which part of the world you are from. There are different option lists from Audi based on locale.
My 13 A6 has perforated leather with cooling and power adjusted lumber, the headrest is adjustable on all NA trim with both forward/backward as well as up and down.
Interesting that you think that location is important but you don’t show your location either?
This thread, like most threads, would be much more valid if questions and answers were qualified by having a location posted under the logon name. The A6 is a world wide car and has hundreds of permutations to accommodate local priorities and laws so postings without location can typically be discounted as a naive contribution.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cognus
WHAT model/trim/package do I have to locate to find one with even a fully-adjustable Passenger seat including adjustable headrest??
I'd suggest googling and downloading the brochure(s) for the year)(s) you are looking at purchasing. It's pretty easy to figure out what car may offer the options you are looking for. And much faster than trying to get good information out of a dealer.

Quick Reply: Are all front seat options in the A6 this bad?