Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Anniversary pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anniversary pics

No real practical purpose to this thread but I've now had the 2015 A6 a year and it is meantime just now coming off warranty so fingers crossed going forward from here. Anyway, weather was just spectacular today so decided to give it a wash and a polish. I often take a glance at Scotty Kilmer videos on YouTube (wacky guy but fairly practical) and was intrigued when he recommended NuFinish for windshield (coz it has no wax, just a polish) and can help smooth window wipers by removing all sorts of residues and gunk from glass. So decided to also do most of the car as well as the windshield and I must say the results were really impressive. Metal just felt as smooth as, well glass really and it seemed to do a real number on the windshield (Maybe car had been through one of those car washes that spray wax all over at some point because it took a lot of residue off). Left the NuFinish bottle in some of the pics because it did such a nice job.

Old 01-27-2019, 04:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 885 Likes on 724 Posts

Happy Anniversary. Make sure you take her out for dinner and a show!
Old 01-27-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 122 Posts

Mike, very nice. Please keep us all posted on how things go from this point forward. How many miles do you have on the car? Mine (also MY 2015, Premium Plus 3.0T) will also be coming off warranty in middle of July. My car just turned over 32,000 miles and as I have mentioned in a number of posts although I like the car a lot there have been a sufficient number of things that have gone wrong thus far that lead me to the conclusion that this is not a car to hold onto for the long term. Needless to say I'm a bit nervous about owing this car without the security of the manufacturer's warranty. I'm hoping for a trouble-free ownership experience going forward until earlier of 6 years/65,000 miles. I'll be watching for posts from you regarding any issues you experience going forward. As I said, really like the car -- only wish it had the reliability of my old Acura.

Glad you have having some nice weather. Here in MI it has been spectacularly awful -- winter storm warning in place for tomorrow -- minimum 4-6 inches of snow coming.

Best,
Jeff
Old 01-27-2019, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Oh the practical purpose is to show me how nice that color cleans up. To bad that won't be happening here for awhile but I can just look at your photos in the meantime!
Old 01-27-2019, 09:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Ah, i saw the nufinish video from Scotty today too. I use to use it, it is reallygood stuff. Lasts well. Love Scotty though.
Old 01-28-2019, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about Dinner and a Show but gave her a large swig of Shell Nitro, which seems to keep the tail pipes soot free so I'm hopeful things are staying reasonably low-carbon further back up the pipe. Sorry you guys up North are suffering from Mother Nature's wrath. Remember it well from fifteen years in CT when I originally arrived in US from the UK. Had a Supra Turbo for five of those years (rear wheel drive fire spitter), don't know what possessed me - must have been out of my mind.