Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

APR Tune Net Nannies stay away

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2015, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default APR Tune Net Nannies stay away

2012 Audi 16 prestige i purchased new. currently has almost 90K on the clock and i will purchase a s8 after this winter. Let me preface this by saying i had a new 2004 A8 and that was my first Audi vehicle, and went down a size with my current A6.

I noticed the increased quickness on my first drive versus my A8, but it still wasn't enough. Took it to Pittsburgh Raceway dragstrips on a tuner night and ran consistent low to mid 13"s bone stock.

Last year had a APR stage 1 programming done and got into the high 12's in the quarter, all the while using this as my business vehicle and experiencing a much better driving response from the car, gas mileage might even be slightly better than pretune.

Later last year i went up to the APR stage 2 with a different pulley, Boom consistent 12.3's in the quarter mile and quite honestly beat every camaro ss , srt challenger and mustang GT, My friend took his gt500 and that did beat the audi.

Net Nannies please stop reading at this point.

Yesterday was running from Washington Dc to Pittsburgh and started cruising with a panamera Twin turbo, we finally got to a deserted section of flat hightway and he tramped it(evidenced by the puff of smoke out of his exhaust) i stomped it and caught and passed him at 160 and climbing. No other car was within site, My point being the APR tune has been a better mod than i ever thought.

Enjoy them, thats why we bought them
Old 09-02-2015, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Man, 12.3's is rocking it for a V6! That's got to be right there with the tuned twin turbo V8 BMW 550's!

Whats a stage 2 setup supposed to be for power?
Old 09-02-2015, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
Man, 12.3's is rocking it for a V6! That's got to be right there with the tuned twin turbo V8 BMW 550's!

Whats a stage 2 setup supposed to be for power?
Somebody from April should chime in but it is 420+
Old 09-08-2015, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I really need to call my APR guy and go stage II. I have yet to hear a bad thing about it. My stage I is insane I feel for when I get on it.
Old 09-22-2015, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

What is the long term reliability/impact of the APR tune? Anyone going on multiple years with the Stage 1 that can speak to impact on the vehicle?
Old 09-23-2015, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mchltschr
What is the long term reliability/impact of the APR tune? Anyone going on multiple years with the Stage 1 that can speak to impact on the vehicle?
No long term effects for me. I have had the tune pretty much since it came out. I am rather certain I am finishing up my second year of having it tuned. I have had nothing but fun with the car. I think a lot has to do with going with a good brand and not an ebay solution. The only negative thing is I worry what I miss without getting hooked to dealership computers for various scans as I don't want a TD1. So bad news is you can't get full service. Good news, I have had no problems.
Old 09-23-2015, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
No long term effects for me. I have had the tune pretty much since it came out. I am rather certain I am finishing up my second year of having it tuned. I have had nothing but fun with the car. I think a lot has to do with going with a good brand and not an ebay solution. The only negative thing is I worry what I miss without getting hooked to dealership computers for various scans as I don't want a TD1. So bad news is you can't get full service. Good news, I have had no problems.
Appreciate the response. I've only been in my C7 for a month so I'll likely enjoy the stock setup and the reliability of my warranty but I'm already salivating over some of the threads I've read about driving experience with APR stage 1.

-MT
Old 09-24-2015, 07:06 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Are you still under warranty? You have a lot of stuff done to your ride and I've read that if you do anything ....exhaust, intake, etc...that the mods will void your warranty.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Akshun
Are you still under warranty? You have a lot of stuff done to your ride and I've read that if you do anything ....exhaust, intake, etc...that the mods will void your warranty.
Yup. 41k on the clock. My dealership knows to to not scan my car. So I have no TD1. If something goes sideways, I have all the factory parts. There is a hot debate always going on about flashing back the ECU to stock. Based on my previous Audi experience it was a risk I was willing to take.

It is true that parts of the warranty can be voided if a mod has taken place. However if my windows stop working, they can't blame the exhaust on that. However I would be willing to bet they blame the vinyl wrap I did on the trim. HAHA.
Old 09-28-2015, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Akshun
This assertion comes up regularly. In fact, it will not void the manf. warranty only if and unless Audi can prove that a mod caused an issue that affected the failure of another component. In that case, only those components affected would not be covered. If a mod itself failed, the manufacturer who made the mod component would be responsible for their part under their warranty. In other words. if an aftermarket wheel in some way caused an axle component failure, only the axle component would be exempt from the Audi warranty but a failed fuel pump would still be covered. It's all spelled out in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

Quick Reply: APR Tune Net Nannies stay away