Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Argh! Heading to the Body Shop After 4 Weeks

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Argh! Heading to the Body Shop After 4 Weeks

Argh!

I was pulling out of my work parking space when a co-worker (who wasn't looking) backed out with his SUV and put a 2 foot tall pucker into my front passenger door. Not a scratch on his plastic bumper. Hit me with the corner of his bumper. My door open and closes fine. Like nothing happened. Same perfect thunk. Drives fine. Alignment seems fine. Tracks perfectly on the freeway. But ugly.

Already made an appointment with the autobody shop to replace the door next week.

The car wasn't 4 weeks old.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ouch...

It hurt just reading that.

I was reading on the A7 forum, a poster's windshield cost $1,800.00 to replace....

I hate to ask...do you mind posting pictures?

Best of luck with that...I know everything will be in prestine condition soon.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Really really sux. Sorry
Old 10-17-2011, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lostnspace
a poster's windshield cost $1,800.00 to replace....
Sounds like the HUD model. They do get expensive.

To the OP, I do feel your pain, parking lots should be banned. If I have to go shopping I go home, park the A6 and take my Outback.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ultrahertz
Argh!
The car wasn't 4 weeks old.
Ugh, sorry.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Sounds like the HUD model. They do get expensive.

To the OP, I do feel your pain, parking lots should be banned. If I have to go shopping I go home, park the A6 and take my Outback.
SHIZER!!! That's a like 3 car notes lol. I lowered my deductible to $100.00 for Comprehensive claims. My insurance only increased $5.00 a month more for two cars.

I need a beater of car for my daily commute and grocery store errands. However, I do like the attention my car gets lol...so its kinda hard to say I want to drive something else, when I know I don't want to sigh...
Old 10-17-2011, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lostnspace
I need a beater of car for my daily commute and grocery store errands. However, I do like the attention my car gets lol...so its kinda hard to say I want to drive something else, when I know I don't want to sigh...
My A6 is my DD but the only parking lot it sees most of the time is at work. We have an "understood" parking area where Audi's, Mercedes and, if we're in a good mood, BMW's are acceptable.

I've always used my primary car (SL-500, C6 Corvette, A6) as a DD as thats why I bought it. I just don't like to temp fate, and stupid people, so I stay out of parking lots as much as possible.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh that is really horrible hope the body shop does good job
Old 10-17-2011, 04:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for all the sympathy, guys. I'm bummed. Hopefully in 2 weeks it will look as good as new.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I'll make you feel better.

I had my A6 for 2 (yes two) hours before it was damaged. Someone must have been so enthralled by the look of the new C7 that they wanted to kiss the bumper....but instead of using their lips they used their car.

I then took it to a paint shop recommended by my insurance...and after two weeks and three attempts to fix later, I'm now having a brand new bumper put on next week, by a shop I trust. I've had it a month.

If you saw the damage you'd never think that any body shop wouldn't have been capable of fixing it...it was so minor. Let me rephrase that, they did fix the damage, but their QA was so bad that they couldn't get a "clean fix". Every attempt they let dirt under the clearcoat....or sprayed the clearcoat on to heavily in the corners to make it blister, or polished it so poorly that they actually burnt through the clear, that they painted on.

Now THAT should make you feel better!

Quick Reply: Argh! Heading to the Body Shop After 4 Weeks