Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not the ONLY RS6 sedan, but it's among very limited and exclusive colleagues.

Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)-wyhmdblh.jpg
Old 04-18-2017, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jsilas

Wow!!! That looks sexy too!!! Does that have an engine swap too?
Old 04-18-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsilas

I absolutely love this car!!
Old 06-04-2017, 04:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for the bump but any updates yet ? (uhu especially in the steering department ). Same for DavidB5 if you reading this (sended pm).
Old 06-06-2017, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Update

Originally Posted by dasquade
Sorry for the bump but any updates yet ? (uhu especially in the steering department ). Same for DavidB5 if you reading this (sended pm).
Engine and gearbox conversion complete.

Still working on the steering wheel - unfortunately David wasn't able to help so i am on my own - now the steering wheel is in programmer's hands to see if we can solve it.

Thanks for keeping an eye on this thread. I'll post any updates here as soon as i have them.

Thank you!

Last edited by cmg_r; 06-06-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

SHE IS ALIVE!!!!!
Happy for you maybe the most important part is complete, engine/gearbox swap done. She sounds mean, you so gonna love it .
Guess still some stuff to be done before she can hit the street, but good progress.

Oh i see regarding the steeringwheel, sad david couldn't help out (in case, willing to share what happend or didn't on whatsupp please?).
Like mentioned, got my CETE exhaust valve module witch works perfectly and controlled over ESP button. A 'simple' reprogram of the steeringwheel exhaust button should do the trick.
Anyway, i suppose you still in contact with Alex (looks he is in testing fase aswell...).
Keep up the good work there!
Old 06-14-2017, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I'm not sure if this was covered at some point throughout this thread, but what all is needed for an engine swap like this? Replacing the V6 with the 4.0T V8?

Is it mostly in the engine bay that things a replaced or added? Or any modules in the cabin replaced as well?

I'd like to drop a V8 in my car too!
Old 06-14-2017, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ebflowers
I'm not sure if this was covered at some point throughout this thread, but what all is needed for an engine swap like this? Replacing the V6 with the 4.0T V8?

Is it mostly in the engine bay that things a replaced or added? Or any modules in the cabin replaced as well?

i think he replaced the transmission and a bunch of other things. Maybe it would have been cheaper to buy a RS7 and turned that into a RS6. But amazing and dedicated to make all of these changes. I would miss not being able to drive my car since the car would be in the shop constantly.
Old 06-16-2017, 12:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ebflowers

Hey, i wasn't able to put more details about the engine swap until i was done with it.

I'll cover this in more details soon, but in a few words this is what you need to swap your engine:

- Complete V8 engine ( either S6 engine that goes directly with the S-tronic transmission) or rs6/rs7 engine or rs6/rs7 performance one. Engine needs all cables and accesories
- Engine Control Unit (ECU)
- Side coolers ( left / right) with all the hoses, pumps and sensors
- Engine mounts and their control unit.
- Turbos
- Downpipes (OEM or aftermarket)
- the cardan shaft is theoretically the same, but i swapped it anyway
- Gearbox/transmission if you give up the S-tronic
- rear final drive / sport differential (only if you change the transmission) - because it has different ratios ( phisically different 'inside') and its control unit ( although software upgrade can be performed on the control unit
- fuel pump and its control unit
- complete front radiators with fans, control units, hoses and pumps
- airfiler box with filter ( different size and shape)
- fuel senzor from the engine to the fuel tank
- (some) different air conditioning pipes and different air conditioning radiator
- Complete exhaust system

I think this is it in a few words the changes on the technical side.

If you have stationary heating/ventilation you have to remove it and redo the wiring to the climatronic panel inside. You will also need to change a certain valve (4 ways) to another one (2 ways). The 4 way valve is for the stationary heating/ventilation.

You will have to wire the Bang and Olufsen amplifier from the engine (one wire).

You will have to wire the flaps control units from the engine ( if you have ones)

You will have to change/add some wiring from the ECU to some units inside the car (BCM, BCM2).

Note: to save the hussle i went through you need a brand new ECU for the engine and in case you change your gearbox you need a brand new mecatronic device ( quite expensive). From my experience nobody in the world was able to 'jailbreak' both the ECU and the gearbox ECU ( immo 5 is very difficult).

Then you need to adapt the new engine and gearbox to your car (online). If successful your engine will start.

Then manually code each and every control unit in your car (can't be done online since it doesn't know what car it is ): abs/brakes, suspension, final drive/sport diff, (dynamic) steering, engine mounts control unit, MMI unit, confort unit (bcm2), headlights, ACC, etc. - i bit of a nightmare

I will update this thread with more details and bottlenecks i had and how i solved them.

Last edited by cmg_r; 06-16-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Inyoury
i think he replaced the transmission and a bunch of other things. Maybe it would have been cheaper to buy a RS7 and turned that into a RS6. But amazing and dedicated to make all of these changes. I would miss not being able to drive my car since the car would be in the shop constantly.
Thanks for the kind words! I started the project and i had to finish it - there was no other way. It clearly "ingested" more finances than i was expecting in the beginning - but i have no shade of regret.

The RS7 would have been quite different to transform in a RS6 limousine/sedan - since its body is completely different.
on the other hand all the items i needed for the conversion ( including the brakes that i changed again to the RS6 performance oem ceramics - 420mm front, 370mm rear) i could have easily bought a RS7 to dismantle.

My purpose was to create a 100% 'OEM' RS6 sedan. I think i might have pulled this off Still not ridding it but i am very close

From the original car only a few things remained as they came from the factory ( the carpet on the floor, mainframe, windows, front doors and hood, the mmi and bang and olufsen systems). Pretty much anything else was replaced ( engine, transmission, final drive, cardan shaft, driving train, brakes, exhaust, radiators, wheels, headlights, bumpers, interior, control units, etc).

Looking back i wouldn't do it again though ) i think once in a lifetime is fine to do something like this - ate serious time and resources but the feeling is great!

Quick Reply: Audi Simple Styling (A6 saloon to RS6 facelift)