Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Audi West Palm Beach $275/hr. Labor Rate

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi West Palm Beach $275/hr. Labor Rate

Finally able to get the Coolant Pump and Pods Recalls done in the last month for the 2014 A6. So now I can park inside and not have the passenger seat explode starting a coolant pump fire...While there noticed the labor rate at the top of the summary report shows $275.00/hr!!!

They raised it from the previous $235/hr

Was quoted battery tested low of course for the low price of $675, front and rear brakes for $2600. Plus tax and shop fees. I was trying not to laugh when looking at the report

Even in this county of elderly East Coasters and waana-bes this seems outrageous. and Probably a new level of insanity from the land of $995 Dealer Fees. I did make sure to have fun with the loaner and grab a few extra waters and snacks for the road

Guess Norman Braman has gotta pay for that new spearate Audi facility

With AudiCare done will find an indy shop

I think Audi Coral Spings was ~175 last year for previous AudiCare service
Old 05-19-2019, 11:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

$275 seems a little steep.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

WOW!
Old 05-19-2019, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you want scheduled maintenance done by the dealer, you should get the Audi Care (4 services up to 45k/50k mi for $999) or Audi Care Select (2 services up to 85k/90k mi for $879) pre-paid maintenance packages.

Otherwise, use an independent mechanic or DIY. I've used Apex Automotive in Wellington and they're good, with a much lower labor rate, or they use menu prices. They do still try to upsell extra services though.

I try to DIY most things now.
An oil filter is $10 and Castrol Edge 5W-40 Euro is $25 for a 5 qt jug at Wal-Mart.
Engine air filter, cabin air filter, a pair of wiper blades are $20-35 each.
I got a new battery at Advance Auto Parts for $125.
Old 05-19-2019, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I’m an attorney. I don’t even bill at $275 an hour. Audi of Nashville quoted me $1900 to change pads and rotors. I bought the parts for $450 shipped and will do it myself.

Last edited by ChesterCopperpot1; 05-19-2019 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-19-2019, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ChesterCopperpot1
I’m an attorney. I don’t even bill at $275 an hour. Audi of Nashville quoted me $1900 to change pads and rotors. I bought the parts for $450 shipped and will do it myself.
LOL exactly what I was thinking!! They are billing a $25-30 mechanic wage at $275 an hour. Did I mention with Palm Beach 7% sales tax and shop supply surcharge that is over $300 an hour!! I mean Audi's are great, but we are talking VM Group parent. I can't believe anyone would pay that even if they plant money trees based on principle alone.

I have been planning to do exactly what you say in a few thousand miles when needed. Order high end (and hopefully less dust) pads and rotors on-line and either install them or find an indie shop to do the work. Did this on my Passat years ago. I need to make sure I can find the right 2014 A6 Premium Plus 2.0T pads since I have the 20" tires and rims...

Planning to get a Costco battery and do that myself. The Air Filter and Cabin Filter (a bit of a pain) I've done myself since the 15-45K AudiCare covered neither filter change (what's up with that?)

I was lucky to get Audicare included by the original owner with the CPO a few years back
Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by newmoon
If you want scheduled maintenance done by the dealer, you should get the Audi Care (4 services up to 45k/50k mi for $999) or Audi Care Select (2 services up to 85k/90k mi for $879) pre-paid maintenance packages.

Otherwise, use an independent mechanic or DIY. I've used Apex Automotive in Wellington and they're good, with a much lower labor rate, or they use menu prices. They do still try to upsell extra services though.

I try to DIY most things now.
An oil filter is $10 and Castrol Edge 5W-40 Euro is $25 for a 5 qt jug at Wal-Mart.
Engine air filter, cabin air filter, a pair of wiper blades are $20-35 each.
I got a new battery at Advance Auto Parts for $125.
Good tip on the Wellington indie shop. Will look into them. I was also going to consider a couple places in Jupiter/PBG and Church Street Repari in Stuart which seems to rate high. I used one in East Boca (forgot the name) on a VW many years ago.

For sure on the DIY battery from Costco or Advanced Auto looks easy and I've done the filters and wipers before since they inexplicably wern't part of the 15-45K Audicare changes that came with the CPO.

For the oil, I actually have had good luck getting Audi Coral Springs to match the Audi North Miami $49.99 4cyl oil change specials. I think Norm's shop wanted about $200 but haven't tested to see if they would match.
Old 05-20-2019, 10:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Braman is a rip off. They charge $350/hour for MBW M240i leased. $2,000 for a radiator replacement where they claim foreign object impact rather than recognizing a defect in the manufacturing process of that part. Same Braman on Okeechobee. Stay away. On my Audi, i bring it somewhere else. Unfortunately my girl learned that in hard way on hey BMW.
Old 06-02-2019, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Side note.... Steve Baldwin at Audi Nashville has always gone above and beyond for me. Otherwise, beyond Audi Care I perform all maintenance. I recommend looking at Adam's Rotors for your next brake job. Feel great and look amazing.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xenhacker
Good tip on the Wellington indie shop. Will look into them. I was also going to consider a couple places in Jupiter/PBG and Church Street Repari in Stuart which seems to rate high. I used one in East Boca (forgot the name) on a VW many years ago.

For sure on the DIY battery from Costco or Advanced Auto looks easy and I've done the filters and wipers before since they inexplicably wern't part of the 15-45K Audicare changes that came with the CPO.

For the oil, I actually have had good luck getting Audi Coral Springs to match the Audi North Miami $49.99 4cyl oil change specials. I think Norm's shop wanted about $200 but haven't tested to see if they would match.
Did you find any place to recommend in Jupiter/PBG or Stuart?

Quick Reply: Audi West Palm Beach $275/hr. Labor Rate