Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Best Exhaust for C7

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I actually drove the Japanese contingent before I bought the Audi and was very underwhelmed by them. Dynamically, they can't hold a candle to the Germans.

I don't think the A6/A7 argument is the same. They're basically the same car besides the roofline. Thats why I can't see spending more on an A7. Thats like charging $10k extra for a wagon over a sedan, which nobody does.
It is obvious the fastback line does not appeal to you, please do not call the A7 a wagon, the CLS is like an A7 and there is a wagon version of it (shooting brake)
i do not know but the A7 looks different, people gives you thumbs up, the A4/A6/A8 sedan design is so beautiful too, but something you see way more often, I like the "rareness" of the A7/S7/RS7 line.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not calling the A7 a wagon. I'm just comparing it to wagon pricing. For instance MB E350 4Matic wagon pricing starts at $58,600, and the E350 4Matic sedan at $54,400. Thats a $4,200 difference for the extended roofline and extra metal. The A7 3.0T Prestige starts at $67,400, but the A6 3.0T Prestige is only $57,900. Thats a $9,500 difference, for the hatch, with no extra pillars or metal. Its excessive. If it was a couple grand then you could make the argument that you're spending extra for the utility of the hatch, but for just under $10k, I just don't understand how its a viable option.

And don't get me wrong, its not that I don't like the A7. I don't fit in the A7. The lowered roofline that makes it look "sporty", also kills interior headroom. Thats a deal breaker, even if the prices were identical.

And now back to the original topic at hand......
Old 01-07-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

yes back to topic please
Old 01-08-2014, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default killing me

So I was about to place an order for the Stasis exhaust today, but reading this thread made me think twice. $2195 for an exhaust that give me 15 hp, versus other mods like ECU or pulley will give me better ROI in hp. Especially if droning is an issue...why spend the money?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm doing a tune and exhaust.

a bit torn between doing the APR and stasis tune. leaning towards APR because I want stage 2 with the pulley upgrade.

as for exhaust, it looks like Stasis is our only option since AWE have issues for us.

I have heard mix responds to the stasis exhaust.
so I'm not sure what to do.

if you are looking to add power only go for the tune first.

if you want the sound, no TD1 code and don't care too much about addition power than get the exhaust.

if you want the best of both worlds like me, do both.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CRAMAZING
I'm doing a tune and exhaust.

a bit torn between doing the APR and stasis tune. leaning towards APR because I want stage 2 with the pulley upgrade.

as for exhaust, it looks like Stasis is our only option since AWE have issues for us.

I have heard mix responds to the stasis exhaust.
so I'm not sure what to do.

if you are looking to add power only go for the tune first.

if you want the sound, no TD1 code and don't care too much about addition power than get the exhaust.

if you want the best of both worlds like me, do both.
Agreed

I would like to get the GIAC tune, but I have no dealers near Dallas.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:07 AM
Banned

I picked up a piggyback tuner. I know I won't be keeping the car long, so it was a better idea for me to get something removable than have a tune flashed. Plus, it gets me the same gains, for a third of the price. Only spent $400 instead of $1200.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just get the AWE exhaust. I have spoken to 2 people that has the exhuast on the A6, they were saying its not as bad as its made to sound. On the 8 Speed, there is bound to have drone whether you like it or not. There is no way around it, Plus the A6 is made of aluminium so we get a louder cabin for sure. Stasis has mad drones too so between 2 drones pick your poison. LOL!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_L
I picked up a piggyback tuner. I know I won't be keeping the car long, so it was a better idea for me to get something removable than have a tune flashed. Plus, it gets me the same gains, for a third of the price. Only spent $400 instead of $1200.
What's a piggyback tuner?
Old 01-09-2014, 07:08 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mannya4
What's a piggyback tuner?
A piggyback is a unit that works along with the stock ECU. It changes what the ECU sees so that the ECU gives more performance, either with more boost, more spark, or some other way.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for C7