Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Black or white

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black or white

I'm going back and forth between a black and white Audi they have at the dealership. One is brilliant black and the other one is glacier white. At the moment I own a white Acura and it seems to hold off dirt pretty well.

I've heard black cars don't really hold off dirt to well. I would like to hear some feedback on owners who might have brilliant black and glacier white on their Audis.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

I just ordered a black A6. I am a car nut and this is a fourth car. I traded a black Q5 2012. Black shows every flaw, the smallest amount of dust and just drives most people crazy! But, when it is swirl free and topped with a sealant and high quality wax nothing looks better! I have white and silver cars as well and they are very easy to keep up. Metallic black shows less flaws do to the "mix/flakes". I use two buckets when washing (both with grit guards), high quality car wash, lambs wool MIT, micro fiber mit for the wheels.and a foam gun. Then blow dry and towel as required.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fully agree. It is counterintuitive, but the white cars do not look as dirty quite so fast as the black cars. Black just seems to highlight all the mud/dust/etc.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is my first black car and it is a chore keeping it clean I Love how it looks when clean but you will spend more time with a sponge or wash mitt in hand. I have to imagine that brilliant black is similar.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My preference is Metallic paint, because any painting of the car is required to me paint matched to surrounding areas. So in this case it would be the Glacier White.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Black all the way... But as was mentioned, it requires a lot more maintenance to keep looking good. I feel the extra work is worth it, because nothing beats a clean black car, IMO.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I love my phantom black, but keeping it clean is a nightmare. You could wash it, no lie, every other day and not be satisfied, especially this time of year
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cut68
I love my phantom black, but keeping it clean is a nightmare. You could wash it, no lie, every other day and not be satisfied, especially this time of year
You have to go black. The A6/S6 in black is simply awesome.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cut68
I find a really good base wax job to keep mine looking great, and then weekly washes on the weekends (of course taking care of any immediate contaminants with quick detailer) - my phantom black is lookin' good all of the time!
Old 10-24-2012, 04:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I love both. Actually, I really love the car in any color. However, if going black, I would go Phantom or Havanna. I think the Glacier White is a great color too and I love the contrast that white offers against the black front fascia, tires, etc.

Quick Reply: Black or white