Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bosch TDI Settlement

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by A7_TDI
Given how the payout has been handled so far maybe it's not surprising that answers aren't consistent when we call Bosch:
The only thing that bothered me was the very specific language at cashing the check I would release C;aims set forth in the settlement. I imagine it is not a big deal but I want it in writing. I copied all of the correspondence and check info and sent it to Bosch as well as the phone call.
Old 09-24-2017, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't gotten mine yet
Old 09-24-2017, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Got mine, $750, should be 1500. Expect they will eventually send the rest. Perhaps they are worried funds will run out.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

You guys didn't have to file anything with Bosch right? Auto-filed once the main claim with AoA got approved... right...?
Old 09-25-2017, 01:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Right, I did nothing but file with Audi
Old 09-25-2017, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Well, surprisingly, Bosch did call me back and told me that they were mirroring the process VW/Audi is using - payments are split into two parts. So I'll document my discussion and cash my check. I did let the representative know that Bosch has done a horrible job of communicating their payout process.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by McFuzz
I haven't gotten mine yet
Your not alone. I will probably follow up with a call if I don't see the check this week. Please post if you do get it.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

For what it is worth, below is the response to my email further below that I received from Bosch today.....better communication (perhaps a quick blurb on the check) could have prevented extra work on their part. There was no such confusion with the Audi payout scheme.

Thank you for your correspondence.

There are a couple of reasons why you may have received a partial or split payment in the Bosch Settlement.

One reason is that your Eligible Vehicle claimed in the VW Settlement or Bosch Settlement is a Generation 3 2.0-liter vehicle and is currently in the two-part Approved Emissions Modifications (AEM) process. If you completed the first part of this process, you are eligible for 2/3rds of your allocation in the VW Settlements and 2/3rds of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement. You will receive the remaining third of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement shortly after you receive the 1/3rd supplemental payment in the VW Settlements.

Additionally, there is a 3.0-liter AEM (or ECR) that has not yet been approved on Generation 2 vehicles. If you were determined eligible in the VW Settlement, you would receive a “Participation Payment” that amounts to roughly half of your overall VW restitution. Likewise, your payment in the Bosch Settlement was roughly half of your automatic payment to mirror to that process in the VW Settlements.

Another reason why you may have received a split payment is because any Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive half payment of their total Eligible Bosch Settlement payment when their approved claims in the VW Settlement or in the Bosch Settlement have been identified eligible for payment in the Bosch Settlement. The Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive their Supplemental Payment at the end of the claims period (April 30, 2020), if no Former Owner or Former Lessee has perfected their claim for the Eligible Vehicle, at that time.

Current Owners who purchased on or before 9/18/15, will be paid their full allocation (not withstanding cases of AEM partial payment). In cases where there is a Former Owner/Lessee who has filed for the Eligible Vehicle claimed, the Current Owner will be paid half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment at the time their VW Settlement Claim or Bosch Settlement Claim has been identified as eligible for additional compensation in the Bosch Settlement.

The Current Owner will receive the other half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment if and when the Former Owner’s claim is withdrawn/cancelled in the VW Settlement (if determined that it is not possible to have a Former Owner for the Eligible Vehicle on the claim).

Regards,

Roxanne C.

Bosch Settlement

Claims Administrator

------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 9/19/2017 5:53 PM
To: Bosch Settlement; info@BoschVWSettlement.com
Cc: noreply@BoschVWSettlement.com
Subject: 1/2 payment ??

Claims Administrator

Your live operators are being inundated with calls now that settlement checks have been received by many, only to find that the amount is half what is stated in the settlement.

Being the sole owner, I am entitled to $1,500 but the check was for $750. Many other have noted this, and are perplexed given the language printed on the check.

Had the agreement stated we would received half, or had the endorsement on the back of the check indicated that the ‘amount represents half of..” as opposed to ‘by endorsing we release claims” , then your operators would be receiving any calls. You will note on the main Audi Forum site (Audiworld) that there are many posts regarding this issue. While I do not believe that Bosch would risk a PR nightmare by pulling a fast one by only giving half, it may make sense for clarification to be made regarding this matter.

Thanks.
Old 09-25-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

For what it is worth, below is the response to my email further below that I received from Bosch today.....better communication (perhaps a quick blurb on the check) could have prevented extra work on their part. There was no such confusion with the Audi payout scheme.

Thank you for your correspondence.

There are a couple of reasons why you may have received a partial or split payment in the Bosch Settlement.

One reason is that your Eligible Vehicle claimed in the VW Settlement or Bosch Settlement is a Generation 3 2.0-liter vehicle and is currently in the two-part Approved Emissions Modifications (AEM) process. If you completed the first part of this process, you are eligible for 2/3rds of your allocation in the VW Settlements and 2/3rds of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement. You will receive the remaining third of your allocation in the Bosch Settlement shortly after you receive the 1/3rd supplemental payment in the VW Settlements.

Additionally, there is a 3.0-liter AEM (or ECR) that has not yet been approved on Generation 2 vehicles. If you were determined eligible in the VW Settlement, you would receive a “Participation Payment” that amounts to roughly half of your overall VW restitution. Likewise, your payment in the Bosch Settlement was roughly half of your automatic payment to mirror to that process in the VW Settlements.

Another reason why you may have received a split payment is because any Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive half payment of their total Eligible Bosch Settlement payment when their approved claims in the VW Settlement or in the Bosch Settlement have been identified eligible for payment in the Bosch Settlement. The Current Owner who purchased their 2L or 3L vehicle after 9/18/15 will receive their Supplemental Payment at the end of the claims period (April 30, 2020), if no Former Owner or Former Lessee has perfected their claim for the Eligible Vehicle, at that time.

Current Owners who purchased on or before 9/18/15, will be paid their full allocation (not withstanding cases of AEM partial payment). In cases where there is a Former Owner/Lessee who has filed for the Eligible Vehicle claimed, the Current Owner will be paid half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment at the time their VW Settlement Claim or Bosch Settlement Claim has been identified as eligible for additional compensation in the Bosch Settlement.

The Current Owner will receive the other half of their eligible Bosch Settlement payment if and when the Former Owner’s claim is withdrawn/cancelled in the VW Settlement (if determined that it is not possible to have a Former Owner for the Eligible Vehicle on the claim).

Regards,

Roxanne C.

Bosch Settlement

Claims Administrator

------------------- Original Message -------------------
Received: 9/19/2017 5:53 PM
To: Bosch Settlement; info@BoschVWSettlement.com
Cc: noreply@BoschVWSettlement.com
Subject: 1/2 payment ??

Claims Administrator

Your live operators are being inundated with calls now that settlement checks have been received by many, only to find that the amount is half what is stated in the settlement.

Being the sole owner, I am entitled to $1,500 but the check was for $750. Many other have noted this, and are perplexed given the language printed on the check.

Had the agreement stated we would received half, or had the endorsement on the back of the check indicated that the ‘amount represents half of..” as opposed to ‘by endorsing we release claims” , then your operators would be receiving any calls. You will note on the main Audi Forum site (Audiworld) that there are many posts regarding this issue. While I do not believe that Bosch would risk a PR nightmare by pulling a fast one by only giving half, it may make sense for clarification to be made regarding this matter.

Thanks.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got the same email. They sure created a lot of extra work for themselves!

Quick Reply: Bosch TDI Settlement