Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Cargo Mat vs All-Weather Liner

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad they don't offer a cargo liner. I was looking at Husky as well but they don't have a cargo liner for the A6.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:57 PM
BEH
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by TheNit
How's the fit? THe A6's trunk is pretty square so I wouldn't think it would be a problem for fitting. Is it easy to remove when you don't need the weatherproof functionality (driving trips with lots of luggage and stuff). I live in Canada and finding WeatherTech to actual to touch and feel may be a 2 hour drive so I have to rely on other people. It's basically purchasing it on the internt, sight unseen (same with Lloyd's). Have you ever seen the Lloyd's Rubbertite to compare to the WeatherTech?
I also live in Ontario, but purchased trunk liner in the States over the winter along with cargo liner for our 4 Runner.
Fit in both vehicles is perfect, much better then Toyota mat that I got for the 4 Runner when new.
Would definitely get them again.
I am using Audi interior carpets for the summer and Audi interior rubber mats for the winter but am looking for something better.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

What about cargo mats and using the cargo net ? Do they cover the tie downs as well ?? I know my cargo net is puny and basically my laptop fills the entire net but still nice to use.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
They look nice. Can you post a picture of them in your car?

Thanks
Sorry this took so long. Finally got a chance to take pics of them. This was after a few rounds of golf, so they are a bit dirty. But they look like OEM mats and are so much better than the carpet ones that came with the car. I plan to use these year round.

Last edited by Decim8r; 06-16-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Slant83
What about cargo mats and using the cargo net ? Do they cover the tie downs as well ?? I know my cargo net is puny and basically my laptop fills the entire net but still nice to use.
I don't know where the tie downs are for the cargo met in the Audi, however as long as they aren't on the floor you should be fine. If they are on the floor you could cut access holes in the mat with a razor blade, and the mat would not fray.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Avoid Auto Distributor Direct

Originally Posted by Auto Distributor Direct
I don't know where the tie downs are for the cargo met in the Audi, however as long as they aren't on the floor you should be fine. If they are on the floor you could cut access holes in the mat with a razor blade, and the mat would not fray.
Looking at Decim8r's post and seeing that the Auto Distributor Direct is/wants to be active on AW, I was interested in buying these mats. My advise to anyone looking to buy these mats from Auto Distributor Direct, save yourselves the trouble. One of the worst customer service I have experienced.
- Very slow in responding despite several emails and PM.
- False promises.

Didn't feel like Joe is eager to earn my business.

Found the same 3D mats at Costco online. Comes with 10 year warranty and legendary no hassle return.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dukeland
Looking at Decim8r's post and seeing that the Auto Distributor Direct is/wants to be active on AW, I was interested in buying these mats. My advise to anyone looking to buy these mats from Auto Distributor Direct, save yourselves the trouble. One of the worst customer service I have experienced.
- False promises.

Found the same 3D mats at Costco online. Comes with 10 year warranty and legendary no hassle return.
Sorry to hear about your experience...I can attest they are a good, quality product...Once installed in your car
Old 07-12-2013, 09:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dukeland
- False promises.

I had the same experience. I saw the pictures and good reviews here and tried to order a pair for my dad's new F-250 as a gift. My wife actually placed the order because she types fast on an I-phone and knows her cc# by heart. She got an email a week later wanting to confirm the year of the truck, she confirmed it was a 2013. She got an email a week after that again wanted to confirm the year of the truck. She confirmed it again. She started emailing a few days later asking if the mats had shipped yet. She didn't get a reply. She told me she was sick of dealing with Joe, so I started emailing him from my account asking about the mats. I've never gotten a reply. She ended up cancelling the order. Joe emailed her back apologizing and offering to supply a $20 discount code if she wanted to place the order again. She was done dealing with Joe at that point and forwarded the message to me. I replied to Joe saying "no problem, I'll place the order again. Please send the discount code." I never heard anything from Joe. That was nine days ago.

I ended up moving on and ordering different mats from a different site.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had the same problem about response time and disinterest. Interestingly enough I saw these same mats in a current Herrington catalog and their price is competitive with Auto Distributor Direct. So, another source for a good product.

If you go to the Marketplace/Classifieds - Miscellaneous for A6 there is a set of black 3D mats available.
Old 07-19-2013, 03:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mirin S6
I had the same experience. I saw the pictures and good reviews here and tried to order a pair for my dad's new F-250 as a gift. My wife actually placed the order because she types fast on an I-phone and knows her cc# by heart. She got an email a week later wanting to confirm the year of the truck, she confirmed it was a 2013. She got an email a week after that again wanted to confirm the year of the truck. She confirmed it again. She started emailing a few days later asking if the mats had shipped yet. She didn't get a reply. She told me she was sick of dealing with Joe, so I started emailing him from my account asking about the mats. I've never gotten a reply. She ended up cancelling the order. Joe emailed her back apologizing and offering to supply a $20 discount code if she wanted to place the order again. She was done dealing with Joe at that point and forwarded the message to me. I replied to Joe saying "no problem, I'll place the order again. Please send the discount code." I never heard anything from Joe. That was nine days ago.

I ended up moving on and ordering different mats from a different site.
Had a very similar experience to you all as well. Placed the order with him. Took several days for a response asking if I could pay by paypal which I did immediately. . . No confirmation from him or anything. Mats randomly arrived several days later, but no cargo liner (which I also ordered). I emailed him saying that I never received the cargo liner. Never got a response. About a week later the cargo liner arrived. Both seem to have been drop shipped from a warehouse in California. The only thing I can think is that this must be a side business, not that I am justifying the poor customer service, but anyone who had this as their main business would not be in business for long.

On a positive note, the cargo mats are very cool. 3D should probably think of getting more responsive reps.

Quick Reply: Cargo Mat vs All-Weather Liner