Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Chinese Audi A6 styling and name Clone

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 10:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chinese Audi A6 styling and name Clone

From the article:
Chinese automakers have done it again as JAC has replicated the interior & exterior design of the Audi A6.

4 pictures and full article

Old 11-28-2014, 11:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't get me going on China. State financed exclusive rights business entry with direct help from state employees doing things which would make Snowden blush... Let's see where they are in 20 years.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wonder how many people this "replica" will kill, hmmmmm.....
Exploding tires, poisonous dog food, baby food that kill, pig anus made to taste like calamari, countless counterfeit garbage, list goes on and now this.
Old 11-28-2014, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Counterfeiting is a result of a lack of imagination and capability. While Audis (the real ones) are imported and sold in China, I would guess you will not find a Chinese car brand being exported to Germany.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Counterfeiting is a result of a lack of imagination and capability. While Audis (the real ones) are imported and sold in China, I would guess you will not find a Chinese car brand being exported to Germany.
Completely agree with your sentiment but you should realize that in reality, very few Audis are actually imported into China.

Most Audis sold in China are produced in-country. But they are NOT the same Audi's found in the RoW (rest of world). These cars typically have detuned engines and are less efficient and IMHO, not as great 'quality' as the vehicles that can be found elsewhere. This is largely due to China's prohibitive import duties, many of the Audi vehicles (i.e. A4, A6) are produced in China specifically for the Chinese market. Therefore, these vehicles aren't being manufactured in Germany. The A6 is in fact manufactured in Changchun.

Only some of the models are imported, such as the RS, A7, R8, etc...
Old 12-06-2014, 01:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This car is so ugly ! Doesn't even look like an Audi, something is laking in it , it's obvious that it's the real thing .
Old 12-07-2014, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by raj99
Completely agree with your sentiment but you should realize that in reality, very few Audis are actually imported into China.

Most Audis sold in China are produced in-country. But they are NOT the same Audi's found in the RoW (rest of world). These cars typically have detuned engines and are less efficient and IMHO, not as great 'quality' as the vehicles that can be found elsewhere. This is largely due to China's prohibitive import duties, many of the Audi vehicles (i.e. A4, A6) are produced in China specifically for the Chinese market. Therefore, these vehicles aren't being manufactured in Germany. The A6 is in fact manufactured in Changchun.

Only some of the models are imported, such as the RS, A7, R8, etc...
Since I didn't state that all Audis or specificy which models are imported, I guess my post remains accurate.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Chinese built cars have done notoriously bad in crash tests.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Since I didn't state that all Audis or specificy which models are imported, I guess my post remains accurate.
sure your post is accurate...if it makes you feel better. Even though less than 1% of Audi's sold in China are in fact imported form Germany

But as the other poster mentioned, this knock-off is as ugly as sin. And having driven a couple of the Chinese produced Audi's I can anecdotally confirm that they lack on a number of fronts: ride, responsiveness, and luxury, in relative terms to those produced in Germany.

Furthermore, it reminds me of the Top Gear episode they did with the Chinese knock-off vehicles...pretty hilarious. Then there's this:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/exISm5-aefQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 12-08-2014, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Thanks, I do feel better.

While Chinese knock-off products are usually much inferior to the originals, their factories are capable of manufacturing quality products (perhaps not automobiles) so long as an offshore company has specified and controls the design, build process and components. Take for example much of the Korean and U.S. consumer electronics companies such as Samsung and Apple built in Chinese factories to their own design and specs. Of course, those products are made for global distribution and not solely for Chinese consumption as these "Audis" will be, so they have to be superior.

Quick Reply: Chinese Audi A6 styling and name Clone