Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

CPO Warranty and whats after ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2018, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK So I had my Inspection Done Today and here are the following findings by my indy:

upper chain cover gasket is leaking

Cam cap bracket (valve cover ) is starting to leek needs to be resealed

Right engine mount leaked out

Frong Right CV boot is starting to leak

Codes:
P261A Coolan pump open circut - intermittent

02615,02616 Fuel Tank Cap unlock/ Lock short to ground

01524 Antena for telephone Open circuit

Do I just go with this list to my Audi SA or surprise them afterward if they miss this. I would hate to be a jackass what do people normally do?

Thanks
Old 03-23-2018, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TH3PERFECTON3
OK So I had my Inspection Done Today and here are the following findings by my indy:

upper chain cover gasket is leaking

Cam cap bracket (valve cover ) is starting to leek needs to be resealed

Right engine mount leaked out

Frong Right CV boot is starting to leak

Codes:
P261A Coolan pump open circut - intermittent

02615,02616 Fuel Tank Cap unlock/ Lock short to ground

01524 Antena for telephone Open circuit

Do I just go with this list to my Audi SA or surprise them afterward if they miss this. I would hate to be a jackass what do people normally do?

Thanks

they want to get paid by Audi just as much as you want the repairs done, so you should be able to be transparent with your SA and he can word the concerns on the RO to not be so suspicious. They will tend to help you more if you’re honest rather than trying to throw it in their face after the fact since they’re not obligated to mention any of this stuff by Audi if there is no concern in the 1st place. The oil leaks do need to be categorized as a stage 3 oil leak which is that they are forming drops & those drops are falling off onto another component. Seeping/sweating does not justify replacement as you can see from the table. Those fuel door lid actuators are notorious for failing, so you can just say it sometimes doesn’t lock or unlock and hopefully the Indy shop didn’t clear the faults so the dealer will see them. Maybe say you noticed the coolant temp get high a couple times for the coolant fault cause if there is no check engine light then they won’t address it but if you have a concern related to a stored fault then they will.

Last edited by Wuplur; 03-23-2018 at 05:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Wuplur

they want to get paid by Audi just as much as you want the repairs done, so you should be able to be transparent with your SA and he can word the concerns on the RO to not be so suspicious. They will tend to help you more if you’re honest rather than trying to throw it in their face after the fact since they’re not obligated to mention any of this stuff by Audi if there is no concern in the 1st place. The oil leaks do need to be categorized as a stage 3 oil leak which is that they are forming drops & those drops are falling off onto another component. Seeping/sweating does not justify replacement as you can see from the table. Those fuel door lid actuators are notorious for failing, so you can just say it sometimes doesn’t lock or unlock and hopefully the Indy shop didn’t clear the faults so the dealer will see them. Maybe say you noticed the coolant temp get high a couple times for the coolant fault cause if there is no check engine light then they won’t address it but if you have a concern related to a stored fault then they will.
+1 Sounds like you can get most of those concern covered under warranty. The engine mount is almost a given in our cars, Not sure how they view the CV boot (they might say something on the road teared it....?? not sure)

I wonder what the coolant pump fault code is about....

upper chain cover gasket is leaking / Cam cap bracket (valve cover ) is starting to leak needs to be resealed- i guess these will depends on how severe is the leak?
Old 04-13-2018, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys Partial update

Leaks where classified as normal - is there anything they can do? looks like they want to leave it as is.

Right engine mount leaked out - That somehow got skipped and I asked them to take another look. :/

Frong Right CV boot is starting to leak - That got Replaced under CPO

P261A Coolant pump open circuit - intermittent - What happened here they diagnosed a bad water pump. I'm not a mechanic so I dont know if this could cause the problem or its totaly different thing and should I ask more questions also covered under CPO

Water swooshing noise from AC - they claim that technician can't reproduce that noise I know I hear it so what to do in that case like that?

02615,02616 Fuel Tank Cap unlock/ Lock short to ground - That got replaced fixed under CPO

Thanks