Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Easy Entry Feature - Inconsistent Functioning

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easy Entry Feature - Inconsistent Functioning

I have the easy entry feature turned on in MMI, and it always works (steering wheel raises) when I turn the car off. But, it does not work consistently when I re-start the car - sometimes in lowers to my saved setting, sometimes it stays raised.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Cabrio330
I have the easy entry feature turned on in MMI, and it always works (steering wheel raises) when I turn the car off. But, it does not work consistently when I re-start the car - sometimes in lowers to my saved setting, sometimes it stays raised.

Thanks!
Me too every once in awhile. I think it may have something to do with turning off the ignition, door locking/opening/closing or some other sequence. Haven't nailed it down yet.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!
Yep, I too have experienced this inconsistency.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, it is comforting to know I am not alone with this problem, but it would be more comforting if the problem was gone!

I just hit 400 miles on the car so it will be awhile before I inquire with the dealer about troubleshooting this. It isn't a big deal.

I am more baffled by the ghosts in my Ipod set-up - I don't use playlists, so I want my Ipod set for "Purchased" with random playback. Sometimes the random feature goes away on its own, and sometimes the playlist switches to "90's Music." Weird, and frustrating. This will cause me to figure out sooner than later how to put all of music on an SD card to leave in the slot - that seems to be the best solution from what I have read on here.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 08-01-2012, 07:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you guys using the same keyfob everytime? Perhaps could be the difference between the settings learned by two different keyfobs?
Old 08-01-2012, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Jatmobil
Are you guys using the same keyfob everytime? Perhaps could be the difference between the settings learned by two different keyfobs?
Nope. Definitely not that. Also, when it happens, I just hold the Memory 1 button until the wheel is back down to it's proper preset position.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Nope. Definitely not that. Also, when it happens, I just hold the Memory 1 button until the wheel is back down to it's proper preset position.
Same and same for me. I have only used one key since I got the car. And holding the Memory 1 button for 3 seconds is easy enough and why I don't consider this a big deal (though disappointing for such an expensive car!).
Old 08-03-2012, 04:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have found that if I hold the Start button for an extra second or two, the steering wheel moves back into place more consistently. So it is almost like a very quick/release of the Start button doesn't wake up the Easy Entry feature.

I will continue this approach and report back - anyone else experiencing the inconsistency, please try this as well.

Thanks.
Old 08-03-2012, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Just some added input...

We have a 2008 Q7 that has the older, 2-button, Advanced Key option. When turning off the vehicle, you can press the off button once and it shuts the vehicle off. If you press it again, and hold for a second it locks the steering wheel and it retracts. When restarting the car, the wheel seems to come down to memory setting with much more consistency.

Not really sure if this is the same with the 2012s since they have just one button. Maybe its the same with a quick one-press, or a second count hold.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks!
My A8 did the same thing regardless if I used the fob to lock or unlock the door or simply just opened the door. Two trips to the dealer and conferences with Audi boiled down to no reasonable answer. Here's what I found that consistently allows the Easy Entry feature to work: Set the seat and wheel as desired and store in memory. Then, press LOCK and leave it there. The wheel positions itself 100% of the time. If I accidentally go back to memory (unlocked), the wheel will fail to lower about 75% of the time. If the second memory position is needed, unlock and press 2, the seat will go to that pre-saved position, then lock again. Also, despite working with the dealer I have never been able to open the door and have the seat reposition automatically if someone else drove the car and moved the seat. Supposedly, the fob is supposed to signal that it's me and the seat returns to the memorized position. Even my old A6 was capable of this feat.

Quick Reply: Easy Entry Feature - Inconsistent Functioning