Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Features you love, and others you don't

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like Comfort seats, which are very comfy in longer trips.
Led headlights, great brightness and the look of them.
Air suspension is great in bumpy roads.
Night vision and side assist are very useful for driving.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hey guys, first post, first time Audi owner and still in the honeymoon stage, but I'll try to take the emotions out. Great thread, btw.

Love
- 3.0(sport package), it explodes off the start, especially when put in sport mode(pulling back on the shifter when in D)
- Driver Information Display - still being able to scroll thru radio while nav is up on the main display
- LED package - live in a wooded subdivision and dark roads, side lamps turn on when I turn left or right for more deer freezing
- BOSE system
- interior LED lights add an awesome feel to night driving
- Google maps in Nav
- Cold weather package - 4 zone - kids like having control of something for once

Dislike
- ignition start button on passenger side of console
- after washing car, there is a lot of water left inside the door cavities that takes a lot of effort to get out or you have streaks everywhere
- lots of moving parts, the display closing/opening with the start of the car(I'm sure I can adjust this), just waiting for it to stick one day
- bigger cup holder, or more space between the two cup holders
Old 02-12-2013, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by looking@audi
OK, enough people are raving about the ACC that I absolutely must request this on my next loaner to test.

However, I think that I would have a difficult time trusting the ACC during the circumstances when I would potential need it the most - congested traffic. I think that I would be driving with my foot hovering over the brake ready to take over if the computer had a hiccup - and this would increase by stress level.

Having said that - you never know until you give it a try.
I was the same when I got it. I first tried it on a highway with few cars and paced myself behind one and engaged it. I had it set for max distance just in case. It worked flawlessly. I does take some getting used to, even now in traffic. I will grip the wheel waiting for the car to break way past where I would have started, but it brings to the car to a nice gentle stop.

The biggest issue I've found is lane jumpers. You're tracking a car on a busy street and right before a stop light, the car in front of you will change lanes. The ACC sees the space and speeds (not gingerly either) up and then it realizes there is another car in front of you, and puts on the breaks. Fine if it's just you, not so fine if you have 2 strangers riding with you.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by golfer9
Hey guys, first post, first time Audi owner and still in the honeymoon stage, but I'll try to take the emotions out. Great thread, btw.

Love
- 3.0(sport package), it explodes off the start, especially when put in sport mode(pulling back on the shifter when in D)
- Driver Information Display - still being able to scroll thru radio while nav is up on the main display
- LED package - live in a wooded subdivision and dark roads, side lamps turn on when I turn left or right for more deer freezing
- BOSE system
- interior LED lights add an awesome feel to night driving
- Google maps in Nav
- Cold weather package - 4 zone - kids like having control of something for once

Dislike
- ignition start button on passenger side of console
- after washing car, there is a lot of water left inside the door cavities that takes a lot of effort to get out or you have streaks everywhere
- lots of moving parts, the display closing/opening with the start of the car(I'm sure I can adjust this), just waiting for it to stick one day
- bigger cup holder, or more space between the two cup holders
First, welcome golfer9!

haha, I was reading your dislikes and nodding at each one.

Start button: why should the passenger have it next to them

For washing the car I, which I have to do each week (black car curse :P ), I am buying an air blower to help with this.

On the MMI Display, mine only being a year old has already had to be replaced (the gears for the movement part of it) because it started acting jerky on opening/closing.

Don't understand the cupholder design. But then again, if you look at it from their side...German's don't understand cupholders in general
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

LOVE:
1. Engine and transmission. Smooth and very responsive.
2. Interior fit & finish
3. Exterior styling
4. Decent average gas mileage despite my speedy driving style
5. I like that it's a quiet car

DISLIKES:
1. Center console cup holder sucks. Too snug for most cup sizes
2. Brake feel not very good
3. Slight wandering feel to steering
4. Navigation system UI is not the most intuitive to use and the database has duplicate entries for roads.
5. The iPhone integration is sometimes glitchy. Gets confused when you plug in via wire and prompts to disconnect bluetooth which can be tedious.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Do you guys think that the right cupholder is slightly bigger than the left one?
Old 02-12-2013, 10:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
Do you guys think that the right cupholder is slightly bigger than the left one?
I never measured to say for sure, but when I have two Five Bucks cups in the car, both cup holders seem to offer the same amount of kung fu grip on each cup.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 106 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by newmoon
Yes, it is. Slightly.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Love the 2012 A6 Presige. Great engine, comfortable interior, handling that is a nice cross between confortable and precise. enjoy excellent gas mpg. Love the Oolong gray.

Dislikes:

Bose radio is third rate (compared to the Bose setups in my previous 5 A-6's.) Absolute crappy sounding

No headlight washers.

No electic folding side mirrors.

Washers and side mirrors are unforgiveable in a 60k car. Had them in my 09, 06, 03 but not in the 12. Ridiculous. Headlight washers are not available in US no matter which model and the electric wing mirrors require the side assist which I did not know at the time I bought the car. I would not want side assist warnings in my car since I drive in Manhattan and the narrow streets and constant traffic alongside would make the system useless.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am actually happy with the cup holders. In my BMW they are both in the passenger side dash and are small and plastic and water bottles get stuck in them. I normally use the passenger side one in the Audi. I do not know if it is bigger but because I use it more often the rubber pads seem to be open more for my cups.

Quick Reply: Features you love, and others you don't