Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

First 2013 A6 delivered in the U.S.?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2012, 09:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!! After following your waiting in the other thread it's great to see you finally taking delivery. Looking forward to my own in a little over a month! Great pics, thanks for putting them up.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
After reading the manual, it appears that I was incorrect about the parking brake always locking itself and then not releasing when you put it in drive. . The manual (yeah, I did attempt to wade my way through it), says that it should operate just like all Audis have in the past; parking brake should release as soon as you step on the gas. So this could be my first glitch.
Great car! Congrats on finally gettting it!

Yes, the parking brake will release when you press the gas.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by oedipol
is it just me or the angle, your old A4 is taller than your new A6 ! is it bcos of the sport package ?
Actually, the A6 was parked on a slight dip on the lot and the A4 doesn't have Sport. Both contribute to the difference.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by darcivic00si
Great car! Congrats on finally gettting it!

Yes, the parking brake will release when you press the gas.
The manual says something about the brake coming on if the car is on a steep incline (hill hold?) but also says it will release when it senses the car is being driven away regardless. My brake comes on by itself every time I turn off the ignition (not on a hill) and will not automatically release if I try to drive - I have to release it manually - so something is not right. I'll have service take a look at it. One the many joys of new car ownership.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Taktix1
would love to see the top down view on the nav. want to see how helpful it is.
The 360 camera is only found in the 2013 Innovation Pkg. I have Driver Assistance Pkg but not Innovation so can't help you here.
Old 07-07-2012, 01:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by directorguy7
(crowd grows noisy) We want more pictures!!! We want more pictures!!! Get some cool ones of the inside at night showing of the ambient lighting plus!

Really I just need something to look at while I wait for mine to come in this week!
Patience my little kitten. I've only got 35 miles on the car. Soon, soon.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The manual says something about the brake coming on if the car is on a steep incline (hill hold?) but also says it will release when it senses the car is being driven away regardless. My brake comes on by itself every time I turn off the ignition (not on a hill) and will not automatically release if I try to drive - I have to release it manually - so something is not right. I'll have service take a look at it. One the many joys of new car ownership.
The only time my parking brake comes on automatically, that I have noticed, is if I open the door while the car is moving. Like to back up into my park spot for fine tuning my position.

The first time it did this...I didn't know what was happening, I thought I broke the car, lol.

Do you have the "P" and the "A" parking brake buttons on your 2013? If so, what does the "A" button do?
Old 07-07-2012, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default The brake is released when you put your seat belt on and than begin moving

Originally Posted by darcivic00si
The only time my parking brake comes on automatically, that I have noticed, is if I open the door while the car is moving. Like to back up into my park spot for fine tuning my position.

The first time it did this...I didn't know what was happening, I thought I broke the car, lol.

Do you have the "P" and the "A" parking brake buttons on your 2013? If so, what does the "A" button do?
Try putting your seatbelt on. There is a safety feature that stops the brake from releasing when starting again after you stop the car and do not put your seatbelt back on. Pretty smart system. I noticed it when I got out of the car for a moment to get the mail and saw the brake went on by itself and would not release automatically when starting again unless I once again fastened my seat belt. Check it out.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I actually received my 2013 Glacier White A6 Sport package yesterday as well. I'm in Houston so maybe mine came in through the port of houston?

First Audi, love the car so far
Old 07-07-2012, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Congratulations!

You probably won't be on the forum much this weekend you lucky dog.

Quick Reply: First 2013 A6 delivered in the U.S.?