Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google Maps

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
The Sirius Free Trial in my '13 A8 did not include the traffic data, that was an extra ad on as the trial only included the basic music.

The Google Earth Map in my car is not working properly. The POIs don't show up when I have Google chosen. No data yet from Audi as to why this may be happening.

Mike
If you have a 2013 Audi with Nav Plus, Traffic should be free for 4 years from delivery date.

http://www.audiusanews.com/newsrelea...&id=2920&mid=1

If so, call your dealer or call Sirius.

POIs on Google Earth are not available unless you are navigating to a destination. Also, If you voice command "online destinations gas stations", then say "show on map" and they will be visible around your current position.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
If you have a 2013 Audi with Nav Plus, Traffic should be free for 4 years from delivery date.

http://www.audiusanews.com/newsrelea...&id=2920&mid=1

If so, call your dealer or call Sirius.

POIs on Google Earth are not available unless you are navigating to a destination. Also, If you voice command "online destinations gas stations", then say "show on map" and they will be visible around your current position.
I am extremely impressed with your knowledge about Audi. You are a true asset to Audi world.

Last edited by Scotch A6; 11-08-2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
I always had DVDs for my NAV for the last 10 years. How does one upgrade to a newer mapping version with the harddrive configuration? Just curious.

Thanks in advance.
Dealer has to do the upgrade for you as it requires a PIN number to activate it and IIRC they have an SD card with data on it to do the upgrade. Even on the C6 with the 3G based DVD navigation, it has been necessary from 2011 onwards to have the dealer update the system as the 2011 DVDs are locked and need the dealer PIN code. Means Audi can charge £160 (in the UK) for something that is almost free from the likes of TomTom or Garmin

Also Audi are now sourcing their navigation data Teleatlas and not Navteq

Last edited by John Simcox; 11-08-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by snagitseven
POIs on Google Earth are not available unless you are navigating to a destination
Is this for the '13s? I can get POI's on my nav, while using Google by following the manual.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by s5blitzer
I always had DVDs for my NAV for the last 10 years. How does one upgrade to a newer mapping version with the harddrive configuration? Just curious.

Thanks in advance.
Either via DVD or SD card upgrade, but from what I've read, only thru a dealer because they have to activate a PIN in order to use the update. I think you can also update if you have a VAG, but the cost is very high.

Last edited by PJRed2008; 11-08-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Also Audi are now sourcing their navigation data Teleatlas and not Navteq
Interesting. Tele Atlas is Tom Tom, at least in North America, but there is nothing on their website that indicates they supply data for Audi.

It appears the current version of map data is 5.5.6, but the only thing changed from 5.5.5 was a small bug fix. Far as I know, this is still Navteq data.

Last edited by PJRed2008; 11-08-2012 at 10:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Either via DVD or SD card upgrade, but from what I've read, only thru a dealer because they have to activate a PIN in order to use the update. I think you can also update if you have a VAG, but the cost is very high.
Thank you! Will call my favorite service advisor to get more background info on this.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
Is this for the '13s? I can get POI's on my nav, while using Google by following the manual.
PJ tell me more! I've read the manual. LOL.

I have set plenty of destinations and used the nav but POIs do not show.

Mike
Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr.Aronis
PJ tell me more! I've read the manual. LOL.

I have set plenty of destinations and used the nav but POIs do not show.

Mike
Correction to my earlier post..
POIs will display in Google Earth if you are zoomed in to one of the smallest map scales and you have selected the appropriate POIs to appear in the settings. POIs are not visible as you zoom out to the larger scales.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Got it!

In Google Earth the POI's only show if you click on the MMI large ****. It then fixes the rotation of the map and brings up a target reticle and the local POI's. The car's position will then move along the road but the map will not move. You then move the curser over the POI of interest and it will give more information on that POI by clicking on the TOUCH PAD, not the ****.

Also if a little man icon shows up in the right side zoom adjust icon you can see street level pictures of your route!

I'm doing the VIM mod this afternoon and curious to see if the street level can be shown while moving.

Mike

Quick Reply: Google Maps