Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Google Maps send to car

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Google Maps send to car

Hello,

I did a search on this but none of the posts really seem to address this and was mostly because people did not set up heir My Audi account or didn't have a pin yet or the Google server was down to do this.

I do have a My Audi account and my T-Mobile account is working. I can get Google maps in the car fine. I also have a My Audi pin.

I go to Google maps and try to send a location to my car. I enter all of the information and my pin but no phone number because I am sending it to the car. I get an error message stating "Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page."

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your assistance.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you read this thread:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2834843

You will see that Audi is currently having problems with their servers, which maybe why Google is having problems transmitting the destination.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by skipper2
Hello,

I did a search on this but none of the posts really seem to address this and was mostly because people did not set up heir My Audi account or didn't have a pin yet or the Google server was down to do this.

I do have a My Audi account and my T-Mobile account is working. I can get Google maps in the car fine. I also have a My Audi pin.

I go to Google maps and try to send a location to my car. I enter all of the information and my pin but no phone number because I am sending it to the car. I get an error message stating "Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page."

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you for your assistance.
I'm having no issues sending locations to the car. Are you selecting "Car" on the Send menu to the left and ignoring the other options?
Old 10-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
I'm having no issues sending locations to the car. Are you selecting "Car" on the Send menu to the left and ignoring the other options?
Yes, I am doing that and I am choosing Audi and entering my pin and I still get that error.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

I followed the instructions on the Audi site and had success:

http://microsites.audiusa.com/ngw/11...stinations.pdf
Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by skipper2
Yes, I am doing that and I am choosing Audi and entering my pin and I still get that error.
You shouldnt have to enter the pin every time, only once. Are you selecting to send the address to the car from the actual google maps page or from the myaudi website?
Old 10-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Please excuse my ignorance. I was entering my pin number rather then the email address. Once I entered the email address it worked fine.

Thank you all for your help.

PS. I'm loving this car. I took delivery yesterday after a 2.5 month wait. Going through the owners manual trying to learn everything about the technology in this car. I have no desire to drive my BMW any more. lol
Old 10-23-2012, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

I still can't send to my car from Google maps (yes I'm using my Audi Connect e-mail address).
Old 10-23-2012, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rush2112
I still can't send to my car from Google maps (yes I'm using my Audi Connect e-mail address).
How are you choosing your destinations? You can only "send" those that you do a search for. If you just pick something you will not see the send to car option.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PJRed2008
How are you choosing your destinations? You can only "send" those that you do a search for. If you just pick something you will not see the send to car option.
https://www.google.com/maps
In the search bar 1600 Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA
Left click on highlighted "A"
Click on "More" in the popup window
Click SEND
On Left Side Click Car

on the screen is says
Send
Name: 1600 Beauregard Street, Alexandria, VA
Make: Audi My Account: "my e-mail account"
Use as default "Checked"
info has the same address
no notes
no phone number

Click SEND
"Sending to Car"

Sorry, we were unable to send this message at this time. Please visit the help page.

Quick Reply: Google Maps send to car