Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Is HUD/Innovation package really worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blackz06
After a year of ownership I am glad I went with the innovation package. I absolutely love the HUD system. Also gotta love the ACC. After using the ACC for a few months it is very annoying to drive any other car with standard cruise control. Also keep in mind, with the MY13 you also get the 360 parking cameras.
WOW! That is awesome. Might you know if the 360 back up camera is part of the Innovation package or is that an extra separate add on like LED headlights?

Great info here on these forums!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Nyuni
I actually have the 20" Sport Package, but I'm planning on putting Continental ExtremeContact DWS on them soon, I'm still running the summer Pirellis.

IMO, you're gonna want a good set of all seasons, though if you're somewhere with exceptionally deep/unplowed snow you'll probably want dedicated winter tires. FWIW, though, the Conti DWS worked very well in combination with AWD on another vehicle I had during the Mid-Atlantic Snowmageddon a few years back - I was able to power through stuff where other people would get stuck.
Great info! I wonder if those Continentals come in 19s. I am still deciding if I should buy that and have them swap it out at the dealership. I am sure they bump up the price on those wheels more than they should be.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Conti DWS do not come in 19", unfortunately. I have them on my 20" and love them
Old 10-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dbg_dbg
Conti DWS do not come in 19", unfortunately. I have them on my 20" and love them
I thought they would come in all sizes, good to know.

How is the ride on 20s? Is it a rough feel? Also, are you using those Continental DWS all season tires(assuming they are all season tires) in snow with 20s or do you switch them out for something else smaller?

20s do look amazing on the frame of the A6. I wonder, how is wheel gap, any issues with rubbing?
Old 10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the DWS All Seasons and the ride comfort is actually better than the OEM's. The DWS's are not as tight as the OEM summers, but this is a non issue for me.

I will be leaving these on year round. I had a set on my previous car (Mercedes E class) and found them to be quite good in the snow.

IMO, the 20" look fantastic on this car. The DWS's are the same tire size as my OEM's, so there are no issues with rubbing and they fill the space nicely.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dbg_dbg
I have the DWS All Seasons and the ride comfort is actually better than the OEM's. The DWS's are not as tight as the OEM summers, but this is a non issue for me.

I will be leaving these on year round. I had a set on my previous car (Mercedes E class) and found them to be quite good in the snow.

IMO, the 20" look fantastic on this car. The DWS's are the same tire size as my OEM's, so there are no issues with rubbing and they fill the space nicely.
Great to hear! I have to agree, the 20s really look amazing on the A6. it looks so nice that, that should be a standard :P

I have another question, does one need special coils or springs when putting on 20s on an Audi A6. I see all these things on sport 19 packages, I was wondering if some sort of special setup is needed.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:14 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default My two cents

I've had my A6 now for ~6 months and have ~15K miles on it. I agree with other posters here that the HUD and ACC are features worth having. I didn't necessarily think so when I was considering it, but I am definately glad I got the extra options. Since the OP lives in a 4-season area, as I do, I highly recommend a separate set of summer rims and tires. For summer, I went with the Conti DWs and really like them. Since I'm in Idaho, and it's about to snow any day now, I just put the stock wheels back on.

In hindsight, the only thing I would have done differently was to get the sport package, which I did not. I still go back and forth, but if I did it again, I would have gotten it.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Blackz06
After a year of ownership I am glad I went with the innovation package. I absolutely love the HUD system. Also gotta love the ACC. After using the ACC for a few months it is very annoying to drive any other car with standard cruise control. Also keep in mind, with the MY13 you also get the 360 parking cameras.
+1 18,000 miles thus far and glad I went with the innovation.
Old 10-21-2012, 05:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius
Great info! I wonder if those Continentals come in 19s. I am still deciding if I should buy that and have them swap it out at the dealership. I am sure they bump up the price on those wheels more than they should be.
No, the DWS are not available in the 19". I decided on the 19" Sport Pkg as a compromise between ride and handling; I actually prefer the look of the 19" over the 20" but that's me.

I bought a set of the Bridgestone RE970AS which are available in 19" (but not the 20" size) and rated #1 in Tirerack's Ultra High Performance All Season category, even above the excellent DWS. Having owned both DWS and these, I can say I agree with Tirerack - they are great. You can read my review here:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2830312
Old 10-21-2012, 04:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius
WOW! That is awesome. Might you know if the 360 back up camera is part of the Innovation package or is that an extra separate add on like LED headlights?

Great info here on these forums!
The 360 camera is only available within the innovation package.

Quick Reply: Is HUD/Innovation package really worth it?