Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

I Want My MMI Updated Somehow

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My version is 4xx with B&O. What excuse can I use to update MMI?
Old 10-22-2015, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Windows phone won't hold a Bluetooth connection.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just talked to AOA. Was able to confirm that my vehicle is eligible for the modem upgrade and based on the T-mobile shut down in areas around me the upgrade would be supported by AOA at no cost, with work taking about an hour. They will call back to confirm a letter can be sent to avoid a call to AOA later since I expect this will be unfamiliar territory for my local dealership.
Old 10-22-2015, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Windows phone won't hold a Bluetooth connection.
That seems to work every time for 0814. Did for me and several others in the forums.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

So an interesting follow up to my module upgrade. AOA called me back since I don't have an active Audi Connect account, and said I can't get the update without an active account. I figured I could get 1 month of Audi Connect to get the upgrade.

So when I talk to Audi Connect, they can't activate my account since I have an old module, and the system won't let me activate Audi Connect. They said they would tell AOA that an account can't be activated without an updated module.

Strange conflicting information. Either way, I have a service appointment in a couple weeks to take my car in for the update.
Old 10-23-2015, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting indeed. Please report back what happens
Old 11-12-2015, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Car was dropped last week. Apparently my service guy misunderstood that Audi was going to pay for it, and filed it under my extended care Fidelity (so I didn't have to pay deductible). Fidelity was going to cover it, but labor didn't match between an old TSB and and a new TSB. Apparently there's an October 2015 TSB for the modem replacement. Long story short, Fidelity will cover it, which actually makes me happier, since I'm actually using it. Now the part is on order and another week until I get my car back. I guess I would have paid the $75 CPO deductible for the modem anyway.

Anyone have info on an October TSB regarding the modem replacement? I wasn't able to find it online.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Why would you pay anything including a deductible for the modem update and why would the dealer think Fidelity is involved? It's a TSB from Audi that's a result of T-Mobile changing frequencies for those in affected area. I've not heard of anyone who got the modem update paying anything since Audi covered it.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am as perplexed as you. He knows there's a TSB, so it was a non issue when I dropped off the car. With TSB, that means warranty or no warranty, the service is covered, right?

I mentioned Fidelity to him for the A/C noise only.

Maybe he's making excuses for the work taking so long.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Normally, a TSB is covered regadrless of a warranty. In any case, T-Mobile was depriving affected owners of proper operation of their Audi Connect so the modem update is under an agreement between them and Audi. Therefore, no question it's covered. Who knows why service depts. sometimes do what they do.

Quick Reply: I Want My MMI Updated Somehow