Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Inlays and engine type confusing

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:48 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inlays and engine type confusing

Hi guys,

I'm newbie here. I'm from Indonesia. I plan to buy a6 here. It's really hard to decide between 2.0 tfsi or 2.8 fsi. The problem are 2.8 has more features like s line selection package and reverse camera, the rest are the same with 2.0 tfsi but 2.0 has new engine which has more tuning parts than 2.8. Another problem that makes me confusing and doubt to take a6 is both have wood inlays and I don't like at all. I plan to buy matt alumunium or piano black inlays separately.

I need any info and suggestion about which engine better I take and whether can I change the installed inlays to one I mentioned above from some audi experts here...lol.

Thank you
Old 06-27-2013, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Most of the members here are from North America and we don't get the 2.8 FSI option. I guess it is a choice between trim option and ability to tune the engine.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Most of the members here are from North America and we don't get the 2.8 FSI option. I guess it is a choice between trim option and ability to tune the engine.
It likes that moreless. If you get 2.8 fsi option, will you consider to take it? I can't choose trim option since the car is ready stock and complete knock down built.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Any experience in changing interior inlay to other genuine??? Share it guys
Old 06-27-2013, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My car has S Line package so you can compare to the standard package. If look is important to you then go with 2.8 FSI, otherwise 2.0 TFSI sounds good.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by qqq1970
My car has S Line package so you can compare to the standard package. If look is important to you then go with 2.8 FSI, otherwise 2.0 TFSI sounds good.
any experience or information in changing the inlays after the car was delivered?
Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by melvin_john
any experience or information in changing the inlays after the car was delivered?
Anything can be done, for a price. The parts will be expensive.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
Anything can be done, for a price. The parts will be expensive.
some parts should be ordered with the car even we are willing to pay for it. Therefore, i need information who already changing it
Old 06-27-2013, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I'm in Indonesia as well. Placed an order for 3.0 TFSI with options such as; LED Full head lights; Piano Black Inlays; S-Line Exterior Package; quattro; RS4 Style Wheels; Black Headliner; 3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel.

It's a bit more pricey but well worth it in my opinion, as I get what I really wanted for this car.

Indent time is 5 months for me, and last info I received was the car should arrive within 2 weeks time. yay.

IMHO, i'd rather get the 2.o tfsi to 2.8.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mussi
I'm in Indonesia as well. Placed an order for 3.0 TFSI with options such as; LED Full head lights; Piano Black Inlays; S-Line Exterior Package; quattro; RS4 Style Wheels; Black Headliner; 3-Spoke Sport Steering Wheel.

It's a bit more pricey but well worth it in my opinion, as I get what I really wanted for this car.

Indent time is 5 months for me, and last info I received was the car should arrive within 2 weeks time. yay.

IMHO, i'd rather get the 2.o tfsi to 2.8.
hehe...orang indo jg bro? wah mantep nih orderan nya. iya sih saya jg feeling lbih ke 2.0 lebih banyak barang nya. masalah nya 2.0 udah skd jadi gk bs tambah option kayak 3.0...btw itu untuk LED full head lights, piano black inlays, ama s-line exterior package masing2 tambah brp kalo boleh tau?

Quick Reply: Inlays and engine type confusing