Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Light Steering

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering

Is there a way to tighten the steering wheel feel? Even in Dynamic mode it's seems to light. If not, I guess i'll live with it. thanks.
Old 08-04-2013, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

I was hoping this could be accomplished with a vag mod adjustment since we are able to change it via MMI. Not sure it anyone has figured that out.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by krazyhabu
Is there a way to tighten the steering wheel feel? Even in Dynamic mode it's seems to light. If not, I guess i'll live with it. thanks.
mine is teh same and I am on the case with the dealer. The funny thing is that it was fine until the last service (I have a2012 model) when they did software update, after which it turned really light (too light for my liking) - I will advise if they manage to sort it out but it doesnt feel right now
Old 08-14-2013, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Light Steering

Hi

I have a 2012 model and after the recent service and software update the steering went ridiculously light. I was normally driving in dynamic mode and that now is so light that it is nowhere near “dynamic” (comfort mode is unsafe to drive as there is no resistance at all). I took it back and after a week of checking of faults etc. the car was handed back to me with nothing done. I have made another appointment and suggested that we drive another car from the showroom with the same spec to compare so hope this will give some results.
Has anyone experienced anything similar, do you know if there are any solutions – it seems that the issue is with the software for the steering
Thanks
Old 08-14-2013, 08:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by bartsky
Hi

I have a 2012 model and after the recent service and software update the steering went ridiculously light. I was normally driving in dynamic mode and that now is so light that it is nowhere near “dynamic” (comfort mode is unsafe to drive as there is no resistance at all). I took it back and after a week of checking of faults etc. the car was handed back to me with nothing done. I have made another appointment and suggested that we drive another car from the showroom with the same spec to compare so hope this will give some results.
Has anyone experienced anything similar, do you know if there are any solutions – it seems that the issue is with the software for the steering
Thanks
I recently switched to comfort mode and really enjoy the effortless turns. It sounds like in your situation, you are as as good as driving a boat! Lol
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
I recently switched to comfort mode and really enjoy the effortless turns. It sounds like in your situation, you are as as good as driving a boat! Lol
I set my steering for Comfort around town (NYC traffic and lots of negotiating tight parking spaces) and Dynamic for highway trips. The higher reesitance in Dynamic feels like I will be less likely to wander, again, maybe just a sense or feeling. Overall, though it all feels kind of non-direct and "funny" compared to my 2010 A6.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by krazyhabu
Funny you don't like the car for this reason and the main reason we are buying the car is because my wife likes the really light easy to turn steering. I test drove some BMW's and also think their steering is too tight.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I set my steering for Comfort around town (NYC traffic and lots of negotiating tight parking spaces) and Dynamic for highway trips. The higher reesitance in Dynamic feels like I will be less likely to wander, again, maybe just a sense or feeling. Overall, though it all feels kind of non-direct and "funny" compared to my 2010 A6.
I've found the steering settings you describe to work best as well. As to the electric steering issue, I spoke with my service mgr. today to get an update and he is still waiting for the factory to come up with a fix. He has lots of inquiring owner minds waiting as well.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
you have ***** to park in tight spaces in NYC. I am actually thinking of buying a smaller and i-could-care-less-if-scratch car just to visit NYC. Without a parking garage, i aint leaving the A6.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fEArmE
you have ***** to park in tight spaces in NYC.
I don't know Bob really well, but after working with him on a project recently, I'd guess he has one or two.

Quick Reply: Light Steering