Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017
Old 07-25-2016, 01:03 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi Q5 or Q7 Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

MMI Entertainment Options Summarized

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry. So what do I need to use this?
Old 01-20-2013, 06:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mannya4
Sorry. So what do I need to use this?
I believe it's the new Audi internet radio source icon. You would need Audi's radio app to use it but it isn't available to download yet in the U.S. Other have reported if you create a certain foreign iTunes account, you can download it. It's also been said it has limited usefulness considering the bluetooth apps already available. Do a search for particulars.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks so much!
Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snagit, as usual, nice work, thanks for the summary. As I migrate through devices (perhaps an android to iPhone migration in the foreseeable future), this will be a great reference.

Im curious about making this a sticky - I would be for it as it has a longer shelf life than most threads, and while search will probably turn it up in the future, invariably my age will show when Im trying to remember the terms to search for...
Old 01-21-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Snagit, as usual, nice work, thanks for the summary. As I migrate through devices (perhaps an android to iPhone migration in the foreseeable future), this will be a great reference.

Im curious about making this a sticky - I would be for it as it has a longer shelf life than most threads, and while search will probably turn it up in the future, invariably my age will show when Im trying to remember the terms to search for...

I asked Kris Hansen if he could make it a sticky. We'll see...
Old 01-27-2013, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

* Revised the summary notes to include rebooting the iDevice and MMI after installing the red grommet AMI cable for video and cover art operation.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The updated 2013 Nav+ system can play media files (MP3, AAC, WMA (V7-9), MPEG-1 and 2, DiVX, Xvid, H.264/MP4, and WMV9) up to 720x576px, up to 25FPS, with bit rates up to 2000kbit/sec.
Thanks for the excellent write up. I assume this means off any storage method (SD/Jukebox/MMI=>USB Stick). Since when/what version of MMI is this the case?

I'm wondering wether I should try to get my dealer to give me an MMI update or just buy an ipod touch to get video.
Old 01-27-2013, 06:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mdkv5
Thanks for the excellent write up. I assume this means off any storage method (SD/Jukebox/MMI=>USB Stick). Since when/what version of MMI is this the case?

I'm wondering wether I should try to get my dealer to give me an MMI update or just buy an ipod touch to get video.
All 3G Nav+ MMI system versions (any 2012+ C7) will allow for audio, video and cover art with an SD card, DVD player or files loaded to the the Jukebox. If you want an iPhone 1 through 4s, iPod touch or iPad 1 through 4 to play videos and cover art, you will need MMI system 0467 or later and the optional red grommet AMI cable. (iPhone 5 will need the red cable and Lightning Adapter for music and cover art (no video available).
Old 02-10-2013, 10:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What is the most efficient way to listen to podcast from my iPhone 5 or iPod? Will I be able to control in the MMI or will i have to start them on my phone and then stream via bluetooth?
Old 02-11-2013, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by s4sleeper
What is the most efficient way to listen to podcast from my iPhone 5 or iPod? Will I be able to control in the MMI or will i have to start them on my phone and then stream via bluetooth?
Question #1) No difference between the 2

Question #2) You can control all playback functions via the MMI, you do not have to start the Bluetooth Audio Player if you do not want to. When you plug your iPhone/iPod into the MMI cable, the player will start playing something as soon as it recognizes that you have attached something.

NOTE: for all those who do not know, the latest iPod from Apple now has Bluetooth 4.0 in it.

Quick Reply: MMI Entertainment Options Summarized