Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI Sound volume dissapearing

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Another possible culprit... the park steer assist module lowers the radio volume when it's engaged. My latest Audio disappearance happened just after going into reverse. When I went back into drive... the radio stayed very quiet and did not go back to normal volume. When I tried to raise volume it said "Not available". I reset MMI and volume completely disappeared.
So the search for the true culprit continues. Whatever it is... it fixed itself after car was turned off for a while.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What mmi version is everyone running with this issue?
Old 02-25-2016, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Another possible culprit... the park steer assist module lowers the radio volume when it's engaged. My latest Audio disappearance happened just after going into reverse.
IknowHuh it's interesting that you mentioned this. I don't have any of these issues, but I did notice something a few weeks ago and had been keeping my eye out for it. Usually when I switch to reverse, my music stays on.

The first time that I actually took notice that my music went off was a few weeks ago and I thought that was strange. It does it sporadically, but usually it stays on most of the time when I switch to reverse. So I've been watching it to see if I was doing anything different or if it mattered whether it's playing Media or Radio or if the volume had to be at a certain level for it to mute itself when going into reverse. I haven't seen any patterns yet.

It's different when I just press the Parking system button (to turn the cameras on). I usually use it to pull forward out of my spot at work. I think (haven't really been paying attention to it) the music always goes off when I manually engage the system. But the music always comes back on once I start rolling and the cameras go off.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ricckky
IknowHuh it's interesting that you mentioned this. I don't have any of these issues, but I did notice something a few weeks ago and had been keeping my eye out for it. Usually when I switch to reverse, my music stays on.

The first time that I actually took notice that my music went off was a few weeks ago and I thought that was strange. It does it sporadically, but usually it stays on most of the time when I switch to reverse. So I've been watching it to see if I was doing anything different or if it mattered whether it's playing Media or Radio or if the volume had to be at a certain level for it to mute itself when going into reverse. I haven't seen any patterns yet.

It's different when I just press the Parking system button (to turn the cameras on). I usually use it to pull forward out of my spot at work. I think (haven't really been paying attention to it) the music always goes off when I manually engage the system. But the music always comes back on once I start rolling and the cameras go off.
There is a setting that you can adjust how much the radio volume lowers when the park assistant activates. That is normal, but if it varies now that would be odd.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah I have my volume levels all set up. It's just sometimes when I put it in reverse the music goes off completely (muted) but most of the time the music stays on and the beeps beep while the music is playing. I thought that was normal. But your post reminded me that the music always goes completely off when I manually engage the parking system, so now I'm starting to wonder why it acts differently when shifting vs manually engaging.
Old 02-26-2016, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by porksoda
What mmi version is everyone running with this issue?
sorry kept forgetting to take picture of verson.

Apparently my MMI version is HN+R_US_AU_P0487
Old 03-06-2016, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi I have update my MMI to latest version and now my Bose sound work very bad how can I active Bose sound ?
Old 03-14-2016, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

About a month ago, I got in my car to go to lunch and realized there was no volume on the radio. That was odd considering radio is always on.
Went to raise volume but Nuffin!!
I cycled though all MMI buttons and muted/unmuted, Off/On but the radio just would not work. I selected SD card media and still no sound. Tried CD's and the display showed it was playing but no sound. My speakers seemed to be dead. When I got back into car and restarted after lunch everything was fine again.

This weekend once again... the speakers failed. No radio/SD/Navigation directions sound. When I raised volume **** this time I got a "not available" display in MMI. DOH!
I pulled off Hwy, restarted car, reset MMI multiple times and NUFFIN!!
Got to my destination and restarted car couple hours after and all worked again. Ugh!

Searched but didn't find much, then came across this thread for different model but seems to match my situation, which leads me to believe maybe my Bose Amp is failing. Anybody else come across similar situation?

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...sound-2896009/

Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Today when I got in my car at lunch to go back to work I have the same no sound issue as you did. No matter what I do, cycling through the different sources, shutting the car off and restarting it, I cannot get the sound back. No navigation sound either. The last thing I did when I got out of the car before the problem started was insert a CD into the changer. I did not have time to wait for it to load so I shut the car down. Now the car shows the disc playing and any other source I have selected playing but I still get no sound. Nothing, nada.........

Extremely bummed right now.
Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Did you ever get to the bottom of this problem? Today when I got in my car at lunch to go back to work I have the same no sound issue as you did. No matter what I do, cycling through the different sources, shutting the car off and restarting it, I cannot get the sound back. No navigation sound either. The last thing I did when I got out of the car before the problem started was insert a CD into the changer. I did not have time to wait for it to load so I shut the car down. Now the car shows the disc playing and any other source I have selected playing but I still get no sound. Nothing, nada.........

Extremely bummed right now.
To solve my problem I decided to stop going to lunch, LOL. J/K

No unfortunately not yet. Cheer up it will come back after car's been off for few hours or next day.
I only have the few assumptions of the culprit being either the amp, or the MMI controller so far. I have not had a recurrence of this yet. So luckily it's an isolated issue. However couple weeks ago I got out of my car, turned it off and locked it. Then realized my MMI display was still open and working, and radio was still playing.
Yes I did turn off the car. So I opened it back up and hit the engine start button to shut down the radio. I'm leaning toward the MMI controller failing, but no trouble codes as of yet.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 03-14-2016 at 07:55 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

To solve my problem I decided to stop going to lunch, LOL. J/K

No unfortunately not yet. Cheer up it will come back after car's been off for few hours or next day.
I only have the few assumptions of the culprit being either the amp, or the MMI controller so far. I have not had a recurrence of this yet. So luckily it's an isolated issue. However couple weeks ago I got out of my car, turned it off and locked it. Then realized my MMI display was still open and working, and radio was still playing.
Yes I did turn off the car. So I opened it back up and hit the engine start button to shut down the radio. I'm leaning toward the MMI controller failing, but no trouble codes as of yet.
Last night when I came out of work, viola, all better like it never even happened. A perfect "Servpro" moment.

Quick Reply: MMI Sound volume dissapearing