Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Most common options on dealer lot A6 cars?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Most common options on dealer lot A6 cars?

What are the most common options on the A6 cars sitting on dealers' lots (presumably with the hope of minimizing floorplan costs)? I've yet to see a black headliner or to see full LED headlights, so I know those probably aren't at the top of anyone's list, but what are the options most likely to be found? And how about the most popular colors?
Old 01-11-2012, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the US, I do see that most are Premium Plus models
Old 01-11-2012, 07:12 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ones I have seen most commonly in SoCal dealers while we were looking were Premium Plus, mix of 19" Sport and non-sport, and a couple of full LED's thrown in the mix (i.e. Prestige)...almost all were 3.0 but 2.0s have started showing up a couple of weeks ago in small numbers...colors have been all over the map as well...
Old 01-11-2012, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Is Audi really serious about selling large numbers of 2.0 A6 cars? I mean seriously, what is the mindset that would find that desirable?

It's sort of the same question I ask myself when I see someone driving a 3 series BMW convertible that is missing all the nice extra touches (e.g. chrome tailpipe tips). The owner spent all that extra money for the drop top, but they skimped on the luxuries and the better, stronger, faster engine that would really have made the car a true joy.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by spoon2000
Is Audi really serious about selling large numbers of 2.0 A6 cars? I mean seriously, what is the mindset that would find that desirable?

It's sort of the same question I ask myself when I see someone driving a 3 series BMW convertible that is missing all the nice extra touches (e.g. chrome tailpipe tips). The owner spent all that extra money for the drop top, but they skimped on the luxuries and the better, stronger, faster engine that would really have made the car a true joy.
For our situation, the car is for my wife who spends alot of time commuting and needed a little bigger car than the A4 we currently have. The A6 is a huge leap forward from the A4 in just about every way and for only a little more than a new well-equipped A4, it was a no brainer. If it were me, my personal preference would be the 3.0 Quattro but she doesn't need (or want) that power for SoCal Commuting. I totally agree that the 2.0 isn't going to be for everyone but it is the right choice for us (and I suspect some others as well)...
Old 01-11-2012, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ARKTCTR
For our situation, the car is for my wife who spends alot of time commuting and needed a little bigger car than the A4 we currently have. The A6 is a huge leap forward from the A4 in just about every way and for only a little more than a new well-equipped A4, it was a no brainer. If it were me, my personal preference would be the 3.0 Quattro but she doesn't need (or want) that power for SoCal Commuting. I totally agree that the 2.0 isn't going to be for everyone but it is the right choice for us (and I suspect some others as well)...
Sounds fair enough. Interesting that you say the car is for your wife; most of the cars I see on the road with the strange option combos are driven by women, so perhaps there's something in the way they're "wired up." :-)
Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Most of the cars that I have seen on dealers lots have been black premium plus with the black/aluminum interior.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Colors vary, but, I see a lot of really heavily equipped models in NE. I see a lot of Prestige with Innovation pkg, but not a lot of Sport pkgs. Most are black interiors with aluminum trim. The other end of the spectrum are the lower price points at a base model. All the dealerships around Boston stock at least one with LEDs
Old 01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

In my experience the desirable ones are either pre sold while they are on the ship over or only stay on the lots for a small time before someone snatches them up. So the less appealing ones sit on the lot.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

From what I have seen -

Most common interior color: black
Least common interior color: grey

Quick Reply: Most common options on dealer lot A6 cars?