Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Motion sensor trunk release

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2014, 01:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Richard I'm in the car now but I don't know how to dump
Easiest way is "Auto-scan" middle button on top row, to the right of the "normal" button "Select module".

It takes 5-10 minutes and gives the option to save the results. Do so and then clip out the relevant portion (or send the whole thing to me and I'll do it).

firstnamelastname_at_gmail_dot_com or PM
Old 06-18-2014, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

You won't believe this but I just got the trunk to work for the first time since my 5K service. My neighbor was watching so I didn't want to look like the dance was some disease!
Old 06-18-2014, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You won't believe this but I just got the trunk to work for the first time since my 5K service. My neighbor was watching so I didn't want to look like the dance was some disease!
LOL, I'm on a roll Yesterday I "fixed" Inferno's windows by sitting in the car

Actually I'm pretty convinced most of us (maybe just the males) do [kick] [grumble] [kick again] and I think that's part of the problem. Might NOT be coincidence Audi used a woman in their video
Old 06-18-2014, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Richard Solomon
Easiest way is "Auto-scan" middle button on top row, to the right of the "normal" button "Select module".

It takes 5-10 minutes and gives the option to save the results. Do so and then clip out the relevant portion (or send the whole thing to me and I'll do it).

firstnamelastname_at_gmail_dot_com or PM
sent gmail

Good Luck!
Old 06-18-2014, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, I'm on a roll Yesterday I "fixed" Inferno's windows by sitting in the car

Actually I'm pretty convinced most of us (maybe just the males) do [kick] [grumble] [kick again] and I think that's part of the problem. Might NOT be coincidence Audi used a woman in their video
Maybe you need to come back over and do the hokey pokey in the back of my car now. I've tried every which way with my feet and aligning the key fob, but I cannot get the trunk to open. I don't think my car has this feature or it's not active.
Old 06-18-2014, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

sent gmail
Hmmm, no sign of it here.... I PM'd you to be sure address was right (not using all O's in the lastname is a common mistake).

Originally Posted by lnferno
Maybe you need to come back over and do the hokey pokey in the back of my car now. I've tried every which way with my feet and aligning the key fob, but I cannot get the trunk to open. I don't think my car has this feature or it's not active.
Yeah, it was your car which pointed me down this path... If the hypothesis is correct then yours should NOT work. If you go recode module 46 and set bit 1 in Byte 13 then your coding will match mine and it would be interesting to see if the 5th subsystem shows up....and then if the hokey pokey does anything....

ETA: I was asking in part because we see the dealer touched Central Convenience, and I wonder if they're disabling the kicker due to complaints. If you knew you had it before and not now, then that would also support the byte 13 hypothesis. Sounds like you either didn't have it before or never knew you had it, so either way we don't know what they did.

Last edited by Richard Solomon; 06-18-2014 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2014, 06:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Part of the goal now is to identify the function in diagnostics so we can tell.... get a VCDS or get to someone with one and Auto-scan your car and send me the result...

Well, THAT'S a given None of us seem to get it 100%

P.S. I'm in COS, but there are folks in DEN who should be closer to you - ask in the Rocky Mountain regional forum.
Ah, I have a VCDS cable and I will give the auto scan a try this weekend and shoot it your way.

Appreciate the feedback.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by forza1976
Ah, I have a VCDS cable and I will give the auto scan a try this weekend and shoot it your way.

Appreciate the feedback.
richardsolomon_at_gmail_dot_com

Sounds good, we'll see if Inferno decides to guinea pig this one or not
Old 06-19-2014, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Got your Auto-scan - note that the WSC on your Central Convenience is still 02391 which is the factory.... so your dealer didn't recode that at all....
Old 06-19-2014, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Got your Auto-scan - note that the WSC on your Central Convenience is still 02391 which is the factory.... so your dealer didn't recode that at all....
Is 02391 the version for that processor?

Quick Reply: Motion sensor trunk release