Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

My (Every Other) Sunday Car Detailing Regimen

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done a lot of routine washes and over the years and now I'm down to the simplest meathod yet on my cars***:

Wheels:
P21s wheel cleaner
(light density micro fiber, medium pressure hose rinse)

Paint:
Optimum No Rinse
(One bucket with 4 gallons of water and 2oz of ONR. 2 thick/heavy density micro-fiber towels. 2 micro fiber waffle weave drying towels.) I was scared ****less to do this at first. But I have never scratched my cars and they really do clean up well.

AIO:
Chemical Guys Hybrid V7
(medium density micro fiber, light spray of V7 on all paint.) Seals the paint and also a nice quick detailer.

Windows:
Stoner's Invisible Glass
(zero density glass micro fiber)

***If it has rained or if the car is more than 1 week before washes, I break out the Gilmour foam canon, Chemical Guys HoneyDew Snow Foam, and use the 2 bucket method with a wool mitt and a Lake Country Grout Sponge.

I started with the consumer size bottles of ONR and Chemical Guys - now I buy everything by the gallon. Auto Geek is great with reviews and technical knowledge. I do my purchases from Detailed Image because their shipping is super fast and they have a lot of freebies.