Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New Audi of America site

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Default New Audi of America site

I find the new AoA site a bit confusing and less attractive looking than the old one (and that was no beauty) - sort of a step backward in terms of design. To check the 0-60 times of a 2013 A6 2.0 Quattro took me a while, whereas in the old site information on specs for all versions was all in one place. I could not find anything for the 2.0 beyond the FWD versions in the intial screens under specifications. It took going to the "build" the car function to find a link at the bottom and then the 2.0 Quattro Tiptronic informatin is there. If you just search specifictions but dont go to "build" you go round and round and only see the info for the base FWD car. Anyone agree or disagree?
Old 06-07-2013, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I actually like it better.
It's easier to navigate.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason, when I go to the new Audi USA website I can't view all of the content; the text is there but it seems rudimentary and no images appear. Anyone else have this problem?
Old 06-07-2013, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by 60614allroad
For some reason, when I go to the new Audi USA website I can't view all of the content; the text is there but it seems rudimentary and no images appear. Anyone else have this problem?
This issue has been reported on other forums. What browser and version are you using? I have no issues seeing all the data with Firefox 21 or Safari 5.1.9 on a Mac. Perhaps Audi didn't test it with all browsers.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I floated around for a little bit. I didn't find it better or worse. Just different. I think it loads a bit better and it is easier to get to the car you want to research.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sunnyp1227
I actually like it better.
It's easier to navigate.
+1.

They finally have decent pics of the cars, colors and options
Old 06-07-2013, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
This issue has been reported on other forums. What browser and version are you using? I have no issues seeing all the data with Firefox 21 or Safari 5.1.9 on a Mac. Perhaps Audi didn't test it with all browsers.
I have a PC using IE and could see the images fine. I like the build part better but was put off with the initial screens "specifications" inlcuding only base models and one having to go to "build" to find the specs for any upgraded drivetrain. The old version was better in that sense, mimicking how the brochure presents info. I could not find a link to downloading an online brochure as I could with the old site. Maybe it is just different.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Not A Fan of the New Site

Luckily, Audi's vehicles are better than its website. On the other hand there any car companies out there whose websites are far better than their vehicles. The trouble is: In today's information age, the website has become much of the face of the company. And guess who is losing because of their "face", AUDI.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by AUDIQSS
Luckily, Audi's vehicles are better than its website. On the other hand there any car companies out there whose websites are far better than their vehicles. The trouble is: In today's information age, the website has become much of the face of the company. And guess who is losing because of their "face", AUDI.
Audi is losing? Checked their YOY sales lately?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Audi is losing? Checked their YOY sales lately?
I saw an article on May 2013 sales and it appears A6 (and A8) sales are flat from previous period (I think it was the previous May).

Quick Reply: New Audi of America site