Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Night vision assistant in 100F temperatures

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by spoon2000
At this time, I put night vision assistance in the same category as the B&O stereo upgrade for $6000 -- something that's beyond bleeding edge, of limited utility, not entirely perfected or proven, and designed to suck money out of the pockets of people who can't sleep at night unless they know they've ticked every last option box (or ordered the MOST expensive bottle of wine in a restaurant).
how is this audio system of limited utility or not perfected?
Old 08-22-2016, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Maybe he's changed his mind in the 4.5 years since he made that post....
Old 08-22-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 105 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Originally Posted by dwboston
Maybe he's changed his mind in the 4.5 years since he made that post....
Yeah, that is one old post. While I agree that there may be some technical limitations with the Night Vision system, I can't for the life of me understand how the B&O is not "perfected". Unlike some of the new tech in the latest vehicles, audio systems have been around for decades and the advancements are primarily to improve the sound, not to improve the concept. The advanced B&O system has actually been an option in the A8 for some years before appearing in the C7. I know many will not feel the B&O is worth its cost but the fact is it's one of the absolute best OEM car sound systems on the market I've hea owned or heard. I never felt my money was "being sucked out of my pocket" and I have zero regrets for checking that option box.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heads-up display is now standard on the 2016 Prestige.
Old 08-22-2016, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 892 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by oceanengineer
Heads-up display is now standard on the 2016 Prestige.
Have it in my 2015
Old 08-22-2016, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Yeah, that is one old post. While I agree that there may be some technical limitations with the Night Vision system, I can't for the life of me understand how the B&O is not "perfected". Unlike some of the new tech in the latest vehicles, audio systems have been around for decades and the advancements are primarily to improve the sound, not to improve the concept. The advanced B&O system has actually been an option in the A8 for some years before appearing in the C7. I know many will not feel the B&O is worth its cost but the fact is it's one of the absolute best OEM car sound systems on the market I've hea owned or heard. I never felt my money was "being sucked out of my pocket" and I have zero regrets for checking that option box.
i didn't realize it was an older post since i was looking for night vision functionality in certain circumstances but i have owned b&o in every audi product since it was introduced. you can certainly hear and feel how it has evolved over the years but initially there was nothing else in the industry that compared to it. the b/w system in volvo is the best value, the 1700w meridian system in RR is pretty damn good. the b&o system falls right in the middle and for it's price point i don't mind. i love it. i spend a lot of time in my cars and the radio is the only device i use every time i get in excluding the pedals and steering wheel. so from a usage per dollar stand point it is worth every penny. more so than vehicles with high hp since you drive them 100% of them but only use their full potential less than 10%. so if you're looking to be cost conscious on options... opt for the smaller engine and get every option instead of opting for the bigger engine and skimping on the options.