Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

OBDII Code P2753 anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Hehe, that made me laugh. So true, isn't it...

What ramps do you have and used? I don't have any ramps, so trying to figure out if I can do this myself. I have pretty good jack stands, but I'm guessing by your statement that these won't be enough?
I use these in our truck shop by my job https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...0837_200330837. I wouldn't expect someone to buy those. I did just buy this for my garage https://www.quickjack.com/car-lift-s...-car-lift.html, but I suggest you buy this if you do a lot of DIY. For this job, however, 2 jack stands might be just fine height wise but you won't know until you are under there.. Just be safe. Those things scare me.

Last edited by Bartenderfloyd; 08-04-2018 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-04-2018, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SpectreGadget
Also, did anyone that DIY, replace the bolts holding the cross brace? According to Audi workshop manual, those should be renewed (replaced) whenever they are removed. I don't want to wait for new ones, but I also don't want to hurt the car.
I did not replace the bolts with new ones. They were in great shape.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:13 PM
Audi Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Finally got mine repaired today. Here's what my connector (what's left of it) looked like!

Old 11-19-2018, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the P2753 the other day as well... I got a 2013 A8 Quattro (3.0T). This came up after my coolant level was low and i topped off with a bit too much. Somehow the solenoid above got flooded with coolant and I started seeing jelly like substance on or near hose connections (due to pressure perhaps). Cleaning the oxidization on the connections does seem to alleviate the DTC, but it keeps going on again for me which means I should replace it altogether.

I just wanted to add a photo for anyone with an A8 and have trouble finding the solenoid valve.

On A8 D4s, you may find the coolant solenoid valve on the driver's side, between the fender liner and front bumper.

Last edited by redwolfmendoza; 03-13-2019 at 08:36 AM. Reason: fixed explanation
Old 12-07-2018, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 A6 3.0T

is there somewhere on-line that is a good place to buy the parts?

Or is it just better to get Dealer/OEM parts.....

JPJM
Old 12-09-2018, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jpjmustang
is there somewhere on-line that is a good place to buy the parts?

Or is it just better to get Dealer/OEM parts.....

JPJM
I get most parts from here https://www.ecstuning.com/, some from here https://www.europaparts.com/, and if I can't find them there I go OEM https://genuineaudiparts.com/.
Old 12-09-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks

JPJM
Old 12-21-2018, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

So I got the error code last week and thanks to this post, I was able to locate the solenoid and connector. I see that the connector plug seems to warped or melted. It smell burnt too. I think that's the cause of the High on the electrical current. I suspect the solenoid is probably shot due to the short. Here are two pictures of my solenoid and connector.

Old 12-21-2018, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Quick update - I got my new Solenoid Valve last week ($55 + 3 weeks shipping from China ) and replaced the old one on my D4 while doing a coolant flush at the same time. After driving my A8 around for 15-20mins, the CEL went away and has not come back on! Also there was a very noticeable improvement in engine power/response, meaning that my car was in fact running on 'limp' mode. I haven't checked the codes with my VAGCOM yet, but I'm fairly confident the problem is fixed.

As a precaution, I did blast the solenoid valve connector with CRC electrical cleaner, brushed it with a toothbrush and applied some dielectric grease to kept the moisture away (like $2 at Autozone).

Last edited by redwolfmendoza; 12-21-2018 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-21-2018, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vyangA6
So I got the error code last week and thanks to this post, I was able to locate the solenoid and connector. I see that the connector plug seems to warped or melted. It smell burnt too. I think that's the cause of the High on the electrical current. I suspect the solenoid is probably shot due to the short. Here are two pictures of my solenoid and connector.

Wow that's bad - thanks for sharing. I would highly recommend you replace the connector at the wires.

Quick Reply: OBDII Code P2753 anyone?