Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, beautiful car, congrats! I also have ordered a Havana Black Metallic A6, however with a black interior/fine grain ash. Does anybody happen to have this combo? Would be nice to see, as I have never seen it, only imagined it... Thanks.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

darcivic,

in your sig, it states US Spec with euro tail lights... What are euro tail lights? How do the tail lights look at night? I saw an Ibis white A7 the other night (don't see A6's around here) and must say, I was drooling...
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NirvanaNL
Here are some pictures of my brand new A6 in havannablack with brown aftermarket leather interior.

The leather looks great. Is it customary to have a aftermarket vendor fit the seats instead of ordering one from the factory?

I would guess that the rear door shades come from the factory and could be fitted to a USA spec. Audi. It looks like the upper part of the door panel could be replaced with a part that has the slot. Is there a shade available for the rear glass?
Old 01-15-2012, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
darcivic,

in your sig, it states US Spec with euro tail lights... What are euro tail lights? How do the tail lights look at night? I saw an Ibis white A7 the other night (don't see A6's around here) and must say, I was drooling...
Euro tails have amber turn signals and a different brake light pattern. I had to get them to pass UK road inspections.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by darcivic00si
Euro tails have amber turn signals and a different brake light pattern. I had to get them to pass UK road inspections.
Hmm... interesting.... I never knew that..... So I wonder if the lighting video on YouTube is euro spec and different than the US spec........
Old 01-15-2012, 08:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by organizedchaos
Hmm... interesting.... I never knew that..... So I wonder if the lighting video on YouTube is euro spec and different than the US spec........
Yes, the video is euro spec and different than US.

The only differences I could see are, the front lights do not have amber corners on Euro spec cars and the tails are like I already described, amber signals with different brake light pattern.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for clarifying....
Old 01-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
The leather looks great. Is it customary to have a aftermarket vendor fit the seats instead of ordering one from the factory?

I would guess that the rear door shades come from the factory and could be fitted to a USA spec. Audi. It looks like the upper part of the door panel could be replaced with a part that has the slot. Is there a shade available for the rear glass?
Yeah, it's a package with to mechanical sunscreens for the rear side windows and an electric sun screen for the rear window. Slides neatly up and down from the shelf behind the rear seats with the push of a button (or when you put the car in reverse, can be switched of/off in the MMI).
Old 01-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
It is a company car. Here in The Netherlands you pay income tax (52% in my case) over 25% of the catalogue value of the car. The dutch IRS considers it taxable salary because the car is provided by the company.

The catalogue value is the price of the car the way it has left the factory. Therefore it is lucrative to have after market leather (or in that case any other possible option, e.g. Alloy wheels), since it is put in after leaving the factory. Because this way it isn't taxed.

My car costs €60K ($76K) This means I pay 52% taxes over €15K (25% of €60K) = €7800 p/yr ($9880). Had I taken the factory leather at €3100 instead of the after market leather, I would've paid another €400 p/yr more.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by NirvanaNL
It is a company car. Here in The Netherlands you pay income tax (52% in my case) over 25% of the catalogue value of the car. The dutch IRS considers it taxable salary because the car is provided by the company.

The catalogue value is the price of the car the way it has left the factory. Therefore it is lucrative to have after market leather (or in that case any other possible option, e.g. Alloy wheels), since it is put in after leaving the factory. Because this way it isn't taxed.

My car costs €60K ($76K) This means I pay 52% taxes over €15K (25% of €60K) = €7800 p/yr ($9880). Had I taken the factory leather at €3100 instead of the after market leather, I would've paid another €400 p/yr more.
Whoa..that's incredible.

Quick Reply: Official A6 (c7) Picture thread!