Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Painted Brakes and tinted Tails

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LoL.. what you said. I noticed the same with mine. I remember one night this dude was hogging the left lane and i flashed him (i had no other choice and i am sorry for doing that) but when i did i could literally see everything in the back of his car.

Originally Posted by gk1
Tinted tails make it look more like the 2016 since it has tinted tails.
In my experience I've seen people behind me in traffic at night hold up their hands to shield their eyes from the blinding tail lights on my 2015 so light tint probably cuts down to reasonable levels. LOL
Front led blinkers are the same crazy intensity. Street signs at night look like I'm flashing my high beams at them. First Audi I've ever had that exhibit this behavior.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mahumujug
what percent tint you used on it?
I purchased the Lamin-X overlays. It is their lightest tint which does not look that dark in person. It just gives it a little more smoke look.
Old 08-08-2016, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I understand that everyone is not going to like all the mods, but i was just trying some stuff out. All of the mods can be reversed back to stock so no biggie there. As far as the comments on the lighting, I did have one of my buddies look at it after I was finished and he said that he could not tell much of a difference. I was aware of the diminished light output, but that is why i decided to go with Lamin-x overlays instead of a cheaper tint.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Regarding the tinted optics:
As far as I know, Audi has this option available when you order a new car: "black optics".
Does anybody know how do Audi deal with reduced lighting in this case?
Old 08-08-2016, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by A6Beast
I understand that everyone is not going to like all the mods, but i was just trying some stuff out. All of the mods can be reversed back to stock so no biggie there. As far as the comments on the lighting, I did have one of my buddies look at it after I was finished and he said that he could not tell much of a difference. I was aware of the diminished light output, but that is why i decided to go with Lamin-x overlays instead of a cheaper tint.
Well personally - I like tinted tail lights.
But I have black vehicles and I go for the blacked out look.

So do whatever you like to YOUR vehicle. Most all mods are a personal touch.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for that Lamin-x overlays link. What does it look like now?

Originally Posted by A6Beast
Old 08-15-2016, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

OP.. thanks for the info on those tail lights. Mines came in today and the chrome strip grill for the ACC. Had some free time and then made it happen