Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Phone connection

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 11:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phone connection

I am finding that i get a lot more complaints about a poor phone connection with my new A6 than i had with my 08 A6 . I have the same phone , a blackberry ( until the IPhone 5 comes out ).
Anyone else finding this or does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2011, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delete the Bluetooth connections in both the phone and the car and re-pair. It might help. I'm having very good connections with my Thunderbolt, although the phone and car don't always restablish when I get in and start the car.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I've had complaints of sounding underwater on iPhone 4. Same as when it first came out I had the same problem with early iPhone 4 software. Then it got fixed somehow with an iOS update. With new a6 I got the Problem again intermittently. If I switch to iPhone then back to Bluetooth it gets fixed.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a 2010 A6 with great bluetooth connection (iPhone 3GS). With this new A6 the other party often states that it sounds like I'm in a tunnel or they hear wind. I also have lots of problems with hearing the other person - it gets choppy as if they have low signal strength; though they claim they don't. I will try what joseaudi indicated.

The second day they had my car they had to reset the MMI because there was no sound coming out (from radio, bluetooth or navigation) - I was told the interface had not switched between applications causing the error.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default TURN OFF WIFI

my car was in dealer getting a new windshield and i asked them to check for any bulletins on microphone.. when i picked up the car , the repair manager said the mic was fine. he suggested turning of the iphone WiFi . I did and the sound is definitely better .
Old 04-10-2012, 01:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an iPhone 3Gs, and it sounds fine.

I am curious about GREBNET's wireless solution. I may try that to see if there is any difference. I will let you all know.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

My Bluetooth stopped working properly with my iPhone. The other party can hear me, but I cannot hear them. I don't hear anything through the speakers. I deleted the profile on the car. I'll check wifi setting. I did recently update my iPhone iOS.

Grrr.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

No problems here so far. Call quality is great.
I have an iPhone 4s.

I read that there was a TSB somewhere on the Q5 boards about the microphone seals being crushed during assembly which was letting exterior wind noise filter through to the mic (my wife's Q5 sounds horrible. I need to have Audi have a look on the next service).

I wonder if there's a similar issue with the C7s experiencing this? It's worth a look.

Neurobit
Old 04-14-2012, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Problem resolved!

My problem was caused by having a second electronic device in the car. Once I removed, my phone worked fine.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scottphillip
My problem was caused by having a second electronic device in the car. Once I removed, my phone worked fine.
What device?

Quick Reply: Phone connection