Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S-Line ride quality

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 12:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S-Line ride quality

Can anyone tell me what the S-Line ride quality is like with steel springs and 18'' rims?
Old 11-16-2011, 05:37 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the S Line on 18" wheels and sports suspension (was worried about getting the S Line suspension). The car is actually very comfortable and doesn't crash around at all - I would think the S Line will be signficantly harder as I've just had a go in an A4 with the suspension and it felt much more firm.

The sports suspension has a 20mm drop rather than 30 and it still looks good in side profile.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard_B
I have the S Line on 18" wheels and sports suspension (was worried about getting the S Line suspension). The car is actually very comfortable and doesn't crash around at all - I would think the S Line will be signficantly harder as I've just had a go in an A4 with the suspension and it felt much more firm.

The sports suspension has a 20mm drop rather than 30 and it still looks good in side profile.
I don't get it. Doesn't the S-Line automatically come with it's own particular suspension?
Old 11-16-2011, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even if you get the interior and/or the exterior S-line package, you can still get the regular sports suspension or the air suspension if you prefer (at a cost, of course...)
Old 11-16-2011, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mickelin
Even if you get the interior and/or the exterior S-line package, you can still get the regular sports suspension or the air suspension if you prefer (at a cost, of course...)
I didn't realise that-thanks. I thought when you ordered S-Line you were automatically given a particular suspension set-up and that was it. On the Audi Ireland site in the product guide it says that the S-Line comes with 'S-Line sports suspension lowered by 10mm'. I wonder if this is a unique set-up for Ireland as the UK site says that the S-Line suspension is lowered by 30mm. What's the story in Sweden?
Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

That is probably an error. S-line sports suspension is 30mm, regular sports is 20mm. Maybe they meant to say additional 10mm? In addition, the S-line springs are extra stiff, regular sports just stiff... Can you get to a dealer and test drive the different suspensions? Would be a shame if you regret your choice later.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chuckyarla
I didn't realise that-thanks. I thought when you ordered S-Line you were automatically given a particular suspension set-up and that was it. On the Audi Ireland site in the product guide it says that the S-Line comes with 'S-Line sports suspension lowered by 10mm'. I wonder if this is a unique set-up for Ireland as the UK site says that the S-Line suspension is lowered by 30mm. What's the story in Sweden?
In the UK an S Line comes as standard with sports suspension which is a 20mm drop. You have to choose the S Line suspension (as a no cost option) if you want it and this then lowers the car by a further 10mm and has the firmer springs. The S Line has had some very bad reviews in the UK at least so I guess this is why you now have the option.

An SE can opt for the Sports suspension (20mm drop) but not S Line. Both types can have the air suspension (at much more cost obviously).
Old 11-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Here are the specs from the UK brochure - we only have two models available which are SE and S Line with both having the full range of engines and transmissions.

In the options sheet, (the first column is the SE and the second S Line and the costs are with and without tax)

You can see the Sports suspension is 'S' for standard in the S Line and a £410 inc tax option on the SE. The S Line suspension is no cost option but not available on the SE.
Attached Images   
Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by chuckyarla
I have just checked on the .ie site and i think they possibly have a mistake. Although it says standard S Line suspension with a -10mm drop, in the options for the S Line there is another suspension type shown which has the same code as above (1BV) - although you have to pay for it! I would guess then that the 'standard' suspension you would get on an S Line will be the 'sport' which is the same as mine

On the Ireland site the spec and price sheet does not look Audi coroporate to me so I think it may be locally produced and contain some errors.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Richard_B
I have just checked on the .ie site and i think they possibly have a mistake. Although it says standard S Line suspension with a -10mm drop, in the options for the S Line there is another suspension type shown which has the same code as above (1BV) - although you have to pay for it! I would guess then that the 'standard' suspension you would get on an S Line will be the 'sport' which is the same as mine

On the Ireland site the spec and price sheet does not look Audi coroporate to me so I think it may be locally produced and contain some errors.
Thnks for that. I reckon you're probably right. As there is a cost option (€782)for S-Line models (1BV), like you say, I wolud imagine that that option is the one with the extra lowering and stiffening. I sure hope so as I don't want too hard a ride on these roads.