Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

S6 Mirrors on the A6

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lmbatts
mine is already done. I did the vinyl brush aluminum wrap and it looked ok. I ended up buying the mirrors from the dealer for 416 euros.

On my exterior I did the S6 grill. As well. I did "s" calipers on real carbon fiber. S I am now doing my own carbon fiber wrapon the trim
How did you do the Calipers? Where did you buy the parts from?

Where are you getting the wrap for the Trim?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
+1. I actually like that idea. The covers from the dealership float around $1k and there is an aftermarket site I was told sells them for about $700. I am thinking the guy I know would do them for no more than $100 and I think that is a large number to begin with.
I will probably do this before the summer when i go get my car detail.

does anyone know if tis easy to take the mirror glass out easy?
I would like the wrap the back cover and the inner part where the glass is as well, I believe this is the best way to do it, spending $1k on mirrors is just ridiculous, $500 more and i can get a tune!
Old 01-29-2013, 08:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had the calipers painted black and made carbon fiber parts myself. I placed S caliper stickers on the carbon fiber and then overlayed it with epoxy. Looks great. I then got bold enough to do the interior. My car looks crazy right now. I plan on being done with the trim in a week.
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2013, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by CRAMAZING
I will probably do this before the summer when i go get my car detail.

does anyone know if tis easy to take the mirror glass out easy?
I would like the wrap the back cover and the inner part where the glass is as well, I believe this is the best way to do it, spending $1k on mirrors is just ridiculous, $500 more and i can get a tune!
The mirrors cost 500. The aluminum wrap looks and feels real but its too light. Doesn't match the car. I've already done it.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lmbatts
Had the calipers painted black and made carbon fiber parts myself. I placed S caliper stickers on the carbon fiber and then overlayed it with epoxy. Looks great. I then got bold enough to do the interior. My car looks crazy right now. I plan on being done with the trim in a week.
Sounds like some cool mods, You'll have to post pics in the Pictures Thread of your completed ride sometime.

Nice. I am talking with a shop to have mine painted black (great minds thing alike). Once I get that done I'd like to do something like you, but I know nothing about working with Carbon Fiber or Epoxy. Will see if the shop can paint the A6 logo or the 4Rings on the Caliper.

I am excited to see the outcome of your interior.

Do you work with Carbon Fiber for work?
Old 01-29-2013, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

No. I was actually bored so I gave it a shot. It pissed me off that i could get the atlas fiber so i figured make my own. I started with vinyl and liked it but i wanted the real deal. It took a lot of trial and error but I'm getting better with it. This one didn't make the grade but it was an early attempt.
Attached Images  
Old 01-29-2013, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
+1 I like this Idea the best. It is the most cost effective and you can always change your mind pretty easily if you want to try other color options.
I read up on the hydro-dipping a little. My fear is that they are going to basically paint over my Blue caps I just paid good money to have painted blue. I am worried about wrapping them. I would want my guy to wrap as far into the inside cap as possible. I ran across a vinyl guy who wrapped his Ferrari in vinyl. The job as a show car was horrible as I saw creases everywhere. However he does it so that when he tracks his car, the dings go away with a now sheet of vinyl.

In the long run, I might just buy replacemnent caps. They are expensive, but I just want to be able to revert back to blue if I want and not worry about peeling a sticker, or repainting. Just a couple screws and I am done.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I priced a company for hydo-dipping out of ID. They said $250 as an estimate. They also said 6-8 weeks. I priced full replacements through Europrice and they are $745 delivered DHL to my door step. Factory parts I am told straight from Germany. I am going that route in a month or so.

I am working with someone in the UK right now about figuring out if the RS6 grill will fit our car. I hope to have a price for the part in the next month and possible fitment options about a month after that.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am working with someone in the UK right now about figuring out if the RS6 grill will fit our car. I hope to have a price for the part in the next month and possible fitment options about a month after that.[/QUOTE]

Can you please let me know what you find out? I have been researching this a lot and can't find anything.. So far I have only found the S grill but I want that RS look.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3rdAudinarow
Can you please let me know what you find out? I have been researching this a lot and can't find anything.. So far I have only found the S grill but I want that RS look.
For sure. Once I confirm with the dealer the price, my plan is to order one, have it test fitted for a possible match (dealer agreed to return the grill if it does not fit). If all systems are a go, I am bringing the grill to my house and installing it on my ride. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: S6 Mirrors on the A6